The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty
PostSubject: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty2/16/2008, 3:56 am

<Note from Mike: To keep the reports section nice and tidy, we decided to move the discussion on over here. So, discuss all you like. Smile >

^^ how are the babies^^

xxxx

Last edited by IHeartMantids on 2/25/2008, 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty2/16/2008, 9:42 am

They are doing great. Two of them didn't make it but the rest are eating quite well.
Back to top Go down
liette
Centruroides

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty2/25/2008, 6:15 am

updates? been quite some time!
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty2/25/2008, 3:12 pm

Wow how did I miss this one. Nice report very well done. A ScorpionForum original? or is it on other forums?
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty2/25/2008, 3:32 pm

It started on the scorpoforum but was moved when this forum was started. There is also and old outdated one on AB. ScorpionForum gets the exclusive.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty2/25/2008, 7:13 pm

Cool might wanna copyright this just to keep it here Smile. I might just lock this split the thread from any comments and lock the report itself. Might use this as an example of a good report if you don't mind.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty2/25/2008, 8:26 pm

Anything to help this forum.
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty2/26/2008, 11:36 pm

I have some more updates. Should I edit the breeding report of just post it here?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty2/27/2008, 12:32 am

Edit the breeding report. Smile

(First try posting a reply; if it doesn't let you, then edit it -- I'm not sure how we fiddled with the settings for the breeding report forum.)
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty2/27/2008, 12:39 am

Ughh I think he cant reply. I would edit and make a note that you edited it.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty2/27/2008, 12:55 am

Check out my updates in the breeding report section. Let me know what you think.

-Dustin
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty2/27/2008, 1:23 am

3I already? That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty2/27/2008, 2:42 pm

Yeah that one is a power house. I would expect the rest to come around soon. They are all pretty fat. I misted the enclosures last night to help them out.

-Dustin
Back to top Go down
liette
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty3/1/2008, 2:54 am

i hope i wouldnt be considered hijacking your thread, i didnt want to create a new topic just for one question so here goes.

i recently got a few Het. Spinifers from a friend. They're 5 months old and according to her, they're 3rd instars. Now the question is, is it normal for 5 month olds to be 3rd instars only or did she possibly make a mistake?cuz i've been keeping an eye on your posts and your babies are 3rd instars in a month.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty3/1/2008, 3:34 am

if you know they are 2nd instar and you then see moult skins about, then they have reached 3rd instar.
my babies are imperials and still 2nd instar, I will know then they have moulted as I always have a looksie since these ones like to do things in their own times and not by the average
xxxx
Back to top Go down
liette
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty3/1/2008, 3:53 am

hmm what i meant was they are ALREADY 3rd instars accordin to my friends who sold them to me.... but they are already 5 months old. my question is, is it normal for 5 month olds to only be 3rd instars since the topicstarter babies are 3rd instars in only a month
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty3/1/2008, 4:01 am

....I dont know. As your friend knows they are 3rd instar then I guess its just a waiting game for when they hit 4th instar but it can take them 6-7 moults to reach adult hood and each moult taking longer and longer.

Im rambling. Im sure Mike or Eddy or anyone else can give you the correct answer Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty3/1/2008, 4:25 am

The main difference here is you have forest scorpions, Liette. The original breeding report was for a species of bark scorpion, which generally develop quite fast. Forest scorps are medium-paced when it comes to growth.
Back to top Go down
liette
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty3/1/2008, 9:53 am

Thank you. =)
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty3/1/2008, 12:26 pm

Yeah they take much longer to grow than these guys do. I'm sure 3I for 5 months is perfectly normal. I don't expect these guys to hit 4I for at least a few more months. That would put them over 5 months.

-Dustin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion   C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

C. exilicauda / sculpturatus breeding discussion
Page 1 of 1