The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Video of my P. imperators duking it out.

Go down 
+2
Mr. Mordax
Nacademus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nacademus
Pandinus
Nacademus

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Video of my P. imperators duking it out. Empty
PostSubject: Video of my P. imperators duking it out.   Video of my P. imperators duking it out. Empty1/19/2009, 10:25 pm

Here is a video of my Emps fighting a bit. They did this for about 20 minutes when i initially put them together in their new enclosure. There were numerous hides for them but as they each explored, they found one another in the hides they liked and it seemed to really irritate the smaller one. He somewhat challenged the larger one (though unsuccessfully), as you can see in my video. All is well now, they are getting along perfectly well seeing as how each has settled into a respectable primary hide.

I'm just curious as to whether or not any of you have experiences with this sort of behavior, or if you think that this is especially lethal and unacceptable- and that i should separate them. Like i said though, they're getting along great now, this was only a temporary display of aggression. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!!

PS- I love this forum! HAHA

Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Video of my P. imperators duking it out.   Video of my P. imperators duking it out. Empty1/19/2009, 11:08 pm

That was a pretty hardcore display of aggression. If they weren't immune to their own venom I'd be worried! You say this was a new tank? New surroundings typically help to prevent territorial scuffles.

Not sure why they were being so aggro, but if they're calm now, I wouldn't worry.
Back to top Go down
Nacademus
Pandinus
Nacademus

PostSubject: Re: Video of my P. imperators duking it out.   Video of my P. imperators duking it out. Empty1/19/2009, 11:27 pm

yeah, i thought it was pretty darn aggressive too. the tank is new as well as the items in it. the young one must have been a bit more rambunctious than most i guess. all is well now haha. little guy asked for it if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Video of my P. imperators duking it out.   Video of my P. imperators duking it out. Empty1/19/2009, 11:44 pm

Lol, that was funny.
Back to top Go down
Nacademus
Pandinus
Nacademus

PostSubject: Re: Video of my P. imperators duking it out.   Video of my P. imperators duking it out. Empty1/19/2009, 11:53 pm

LOL, yeah it was. The one didnt even want to fight, but won anyway lol.
Back to top Go down
AshMashMash
Babycurus
AshMashMash

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Video of my P. imperators duking it out.   Video of my P. imperators duking it out. Empty1/20/2009, 7:52 am

Wow! Impressive, glad its sorted now though.
Back to top Go down
Nacademus
Pandinus
Nacademus

PostSubject: Re: Video of my P. imperators duking it out.   Video of my P. imperators duking it out. Empty1/20/2009, 4:05 pm

Yeah lol. Hopefully they dont fight when im not looking ha ha.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Video of my P. imperators duking it out.   Video of my P. imperators duking it out. Empty1/20/2009, 5:46 pm

lol, great video! I watched it about 3 times 'cause it's so cool.

lot of interesting behavior as well.. juddering, tail flicking, etc..

I think this happens alot when 2 or more scorpions are put together in a new enviroment. mabye it's esablishing territory or dominance or something.
Back to top Go down
Nacademus
Pandinus
Nacademus

PostSubject: Re: Video of my P. imperators duking it out.   Video of my P. imperators duking it out. Empty1/20/2009, 8:44 pm

scorpion111 wrote:
lol, great video! I watched it about 3 times 'cause it's so cool.

lot of interesting behavior as well.. juddering, tail flicking, etc..

I think this happens alot when 2 or more scorpions are put together in a new enviroment. mabye it's esablishing territory or dominance or something.

Thanks for the comment. As you can see, the younger one bit off more than it could chew LOL. The larger one showed no initial aggression at all but quickly countered the hostility it was receiving. Successfully to boot LOL

Anyone else know of any clips of such behavior? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Video of my P. imperators duking it out.   Video of my P. imperators duking it out. Empty1/20/2009, 11:20 pm

emps will do this often. Fighting even in a new tank but it usually ends well. They might not even share a hide for a few days untill they start to tolerate each other.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Nacademus
Pandinus
Nacademus

PostSubject: Re: Video of my P. imperators duking it out.   Video of my P. imperators duking it out. Empty1/21/2009, 12:30 am

Thanks Abyss. I'll keep you all posted if they start to get along that well. Maybe post a vid. Before and After. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video of my P. imperators duking it out.   Video of my P. imperators duking it out. Empty

Back to top Go down

Video of my P. imperators duking it out.
Page 1 of 1