The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

communal tank with different hets?

Go down 
+4
Kejser
Mr. Mordax
scorpion111
electrophyste
8 posters
AuthorMessage
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

communal tank with different hets? Empty
PostSubject: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/18/2008, 4:33 am

i was thinking of getting a het. long but i was thinking of putting it in with my het spin? do you think these two species could live communally together or would it be lunch time for one of them?
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/18/2008, 12:07 pm

well, people have kept Het. and pandinus. species together, so mabye it could be done.

but with communal setups there is always a chance of cannabalism.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/18/2008, 12:17 pm

I never recommend interspecies communities. It almost always ends badly, more often than same-species communities.

Didn't someone start a thread not too long ago with P. imperator and P. cavimanus together and it immediately resulted in conflict?
Back to top Go down
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/18/2008, 2:40 pm

yes but i realize that p. Cav IS WITHOUT A DOUBT MORE AGGRESSIVE then a P.Imp,
BUT the two species of hets are both equally as aggressive. I wasn't trying to start an argument i was just wondering if it could be done successfully?
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/18/2008, 3:04 pm

allso P.cavimanus lives abit dryer then P.imperator

but dont put a H.longimanus into a H.spinifer its not well looked apon if you make speice mixes..
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/18/2008, 6:17 pm

With a large enough enclosure you might get a way with it for a while but you would be chancing it. As far as cross breeding whole really cares. I'm eager to see the results.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/18/2008, 6:37 pm

Well i for ones like pure breeds, ppl whould make you leave at a danish Expo if you showed up with cross breeds, ppl do it too much with snakes and stuff like that, and they will end up with sick snakes at some points.. and for orthers if you start selling these Heterometrus/pandinus what sp are you going to call it? and they might end up looking like both and orthers will start crossbreeding with the ones you have sold and stuff like that.. it whould end up messing up alot of stuff.. its just wrong to do stuff like that..
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/18/2008, 6:58 pm

If you really MUST mix species this is probably your best bet. I think they would get along fine but remember the rule. All scorpions are comunal, until they're not.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/18/2008, 10:07 pm

I dont plan on breeding there are both females. im wondering if they could live communally, just to clarify that and thanks for the info i think im going to try.

And also im suprised eddy didnt pick this up, Kejser, If these two Hets were to breed you would get scorplings but if a Pandinus and a het were to attempt to mate it wouldnt work, the spermosphere will not fit in.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/18/2008, 11:11 pm

You might not even be able to breed the two hets. It MIGHT be possible but I DOUBT it. So i didn't say it. I say go for it just change the substrate and keep a close eye on them. I predict initial fighting but that should calm down.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/19/2008, 1:53 am

thanks eddy, ill watch them. she doesnt come till saturday anyways and if worst came to worse i do have several tanks not in use.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/19/2008, 5:50 am

aye have spare tanks at the ready in case it goes wrong. It is possible but always be prepared
Back to top Go down
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/19/2008, 4:29 pm

ill set it up before i do it just incase
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/20/2008, 10:34 am

Well if there are any problems, I hope you can break it up before too much damage is done
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/20/2008, 11:06 am

electrophyste wrote:
Kejser, If these two Hets were to breed you would get scorplings but if a Pandinus and a het were to attempt to mate it wouldnt work, the spermosphere will not fit in.

Thats allso what they said with some T sp. but servel have made hybrids between sp
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/20/2008, 11:27 am

The only T hybrids I know of were within the same genus -- akin to crossing two Heterometrus.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/20/2008, 12:20 pm

i have seen between Genus.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/20/2008, 12:31 pm

is there not a Hybridization probelm with Ceratogyrus darlingi? i've seen adds where it says;

"fresh, non-hybridized speciemens"
Back to top Go down
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/20/2008, 11:03 pm

well i can ibto some cash and i bought Him. but i have a girl H.spin... EEK!!

BUT

i dont think there different species, what are the physical differences?
because there isnt much.
the male has more of a granular claw but the claws are the same shape and size
both have black telsons,

i tryed to get some pics but they were too dark, there hasnt been any problems as of yet though so were good for that.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty11/20/2008, 11:11 pm

Look at the patterns of granulation on the carapace. That's where a lot of Heterometrus spp. are differentiated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: communal tank with different hets?   communal tank with different hets? Empty

Back to top Go down

communal tank with different hets?
Page 1 of 1