The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

scorpion pregnant? actually male?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dunglove
Pandinus

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-11-03

scorpion pregnant? actually male? Empty
PostSubject: scorpion pregnant? actually male?   scorpion pregnant? actually male? Empty7/27/2016, 8:08 pm

Hi there!

I first wrote here when I got my 2 scorpions. They're now a little over a year old and I think one may be pregnant. From the pectines, however, I want to say they're both male since they appear fairly large. One scorpion has always been a bit bigger than the other.

I also saw some VERY small white insects crawling in the dirt and occasionally on them (only one at a time seen actually on the scorpions). I'm afraid they could be mites. They have slender bodies and what looks to be wings from what I could catch so I'm thinking they're not. Any idea what these could be?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Here are some photos. Don't worry, they're normally housed in a tank with hiding spots and a heat lamp Wink. This was purely for photography reasons.

scorpion pregnant? actually male? Img_6313
Back to top Go down
dunglove
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: scorpion pregnant? actually male?   scorpion pregnant? actually male? Empty7/27/2016, 8:10 pm

scorpion pregnant? actually male? Img_6317

Back to top Go down
dunglove
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: scorpion pregnant? actually male?   scorpion pregnant? actually male? Empty7/27/2016, 8:12 pm

scorpion pregnant? actually male? Img_6318
Back to top Go down
Toecutter
Pandinus
Toecutter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: scorpion pregnant? actually male?   scorpion pregnant? actually male? Empty9/4/2016, 12:55 pm

Wow from that one pic it almost looks like there's something inside of "her"....how's it going so far?

If the white mites are congregating at the joints of your scorps they're not the bad ones. There are good mites that eat all the icky crap...

I has some in my P.emperator enclosure, but when I did the last change out of the substrate got rid of them...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scorpion pregnant? actually male?   scorpion pregnant? actually male? Empty

Back to top Go down

scorpion pregnant? actually male?
Page 1 of 1