The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Hadrurus acting strange

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
deserthairyscorpion1
Centruroides
deserthairyscorpion1

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2012-05-04

Hadrurus acting strange Empty
PostSubject: Hadrurus acting strange   Hadrurus acting strange Empty7/28/2014, 10:52 pm

My hadrurus arizonensis has been starting to act weird. A few days ago, my scorpion was fine and adventuring around its terrarium. Now, it sits under it's hide and moves only a little. When I got it, I was fairly new to scorpions and didn't know getting an adult was the best choice. When I got the scorp, I found it had mycosis and would try not to mist the tank, but put a water dish in instead. Well, the mycosis is seeming to spread and the enclouser is well ventalated PLEASE HELP!!!!!  Sad Mad Neutral Bang Head Newb bang headb GAG My eyes! Hadrurus acting strange 8072 
Back to top Go down
lazydonut
Hadogenes
lazydonut

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2014-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus acting strange   Hadrurus acting strange Empty7/31/2014, 1:43 am

Hello there.
A hiding scorpion that doesnt move very much is rather normal. Burrowers, especially, would prefer to stay in their burrows. Hence the term "pet holes." If it's happy and comfortable with its surroundings, it will opt to stay hidden.

However mycosis is a different matter. How long has your scorp been infected? What measures have you taken to address this?
How humid do you keep your tank?
Remember desert species are the most prone to mycosis. A prolonged time of above normal humidity would provide conditions for fungi to develop.
You would want obviously lower humidity.
Also, have you checked the substrate? do you use pure sand? or with a mix of coco peat?
A complete substrate replacement may help if the current substrate is laced with insect parts and other feeder fragments that would serve as a starting point for bacterial and fungal growth if the conditions provide.

As for medication, I have no experience in using any form of medication against mycosis so the other more experienced people here might help you on that.

Best of luck
Back to top Go down
deserthairyscorpion1
Centruroides
deserthairyscorpion1

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2012-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus acting strange   Hadrurus acting strange Empty7/31/2014, 12:52 pm

The scorpion was slightly infected when I got it. It is in a 10 gallon aquarium with a mesh lid and has a water dish on one side of the enclosure. I did slightly spray a corner 1 a week and it would always venture to that area of the tank.
Back to top Go down
lazydonut
Hadogenes
lazydonut

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2014-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus acting strange   Hadrurus acting strange Empty8/1/2014, 2:01 am

Okay, what i'm about to suggest may or may not help. Try airing out the tank by removing the lid for a few hours each day. adjust the misting to once in 10 days or two weeks instead of the usual 1 week, these animals are hardy so a short dry spell wont be a thing.
I hope it helps though.

Maybe the others can give us more info on the matter, because i've never experienced mycosis... yet.

regards
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus acting strange   Hadrurus acting strange Empty8/1/2014, 10:34 am

Really there's nothing you can do for mycosis other than attempt to stop the spread. Can you pictures of the scorp?

I'd recommend keeping a small water dish in the corner of the enclosure, but only fill it say, once a month.

Also, ad it's been mentioned your scorpion constantly hiding is fairly normal behavior.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus acting strange   Hadrurus acting strange Empty

Back to top Go down

Hadrurus acting strange
Page 1 of 1