The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Hoffmannius spinigerus & Heterometrus laoticus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
elliotulysses
Pandinus

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2014-02-26

Hoffmannius spinigerus & Heterometrus laoticus Empty
PostSubject: Hoffmannius spinigerus & Heterometrus laoticus   Hoffmannius spinigerus & Heterometrus laoticus Empty5/10/2014, 4:44 am

So I have had a very ambiguous time with my h. laoticus female. I got her from a LPS, where she was housed with her tankmate. After awhile I noticed that she was having a "budding" gravid shape. At first I figured she must have been well fed and just kept an eye on them. After awhile she started to have some more territorial behavior and got rather irritated with me(and tagged me) when I tried to get a better inspection and see if I could see any embryos. To take *safe* measures I separated her and her tankmate just incase she is gravid and decided to go psycho and possibly eat her "boyfriend." I have had a few different sources with some rather inconclusive information as to when she should definitely start "showing" or really if there are any ways to check for sure.

On the other hand, I'm sure my h. spinigerus female is gravid. She definitely looks like she is showing, however I can find little to no information on breeding them. Does anyone have an approximate gestation period for either of my girls?

While I did not intend to breed them, I do luckily have quite a few trusted friends and coworkers that would be great, responsible, caretakers. It's just too bad no one has come up with a scorpion pregnancy test  lol! 
Back to top Go down
elliotulysses
Pandinus

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2014-02-26

Hoffmannius spinigerus & Heterometrus laoticus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoffmannius spinigerus & Heterometrus laoticus   Hoffmannius spinigerus & Heterometrus laoticus Empty5/10/2014, 4:53 am

ALSO: a very important question. I have read that h. laoticus have potential for sexual cannibalism, but I have no idea about h. spinigerus. My two little h. spinigerus seem to "pal"around, and while I know there is little-no chance of them actually "caring," but I figured since they are communal it might be fairly safe?
Back to top Go down

Hoffmannius spinigerus & Heterometrus laoticus
Page 1 of 1