The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Leirus quinquestriatus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BuggsBalmer
Pandinus

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-10-15

Leirus quinquestriatus Empty
PostSubject: Leirus quinquestriatus   Leirus quinquestriatus Empty10/21/2013, 8:26 am

Hey guys

I can now proudly say that the first batch out of my two Deathstalker clutches that came into the world recently has passed the first stage of life, made it to second instar, and departed from the mothership! In that clutch it looks like I have over 25 babies, and lost only one in the first instar stage.

My second clutch was born a few days later, and although some have started to molt into second instar, they're still squishy and buttery, and continue to ride aboard mothership#2. Hopefully they'll all molt and harden up over the next few days so I can separate them.

Tonight I intent to separate the scorplings from the first batch. I have previously bred Parabuthus sp, Uroplectes sp, and Hadogenes sp, and I have to say that these Deathstalkers are by far the fastest scorplings I've ever had to deal with. Should be an interesting evening...

If anybody on the forum in South Africa is interested in getting a few from me, they are currently for sale, and I'd love to accept trades for other scorpion species!

Thanx for reading!
Cheers
Jo
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Leirus quinquestriatus   Leirus quinquestriatus Empty10/21/2013, 10:58 am

Great job!, I wish I was in SoAfrica.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
BuggsBalmer
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Leirus quinquestriatus   Leirus quinquestriatus Empty10/21/2013, 4:53 pm

Right! So I've just separated the scorplings from the mothers, both batches.
Total count - 68
Total casualties - 5
Total remaining - 63 teeny weeny deathstalkers! Very happy with that...

Interesting to note a few things for those statisticians out there:
Female A had a batch of 39 babies.
Female B had a batch of 29 babies.
Female B constructed a burrow in which to drop her batch, while female A did it out in the open. Now what I found interesting about that is that Female A only lost 1 of her 39 babies (2.6% death rate), while Female B lost 4 of hers 29 babies (13.8% death rate). I would have assumed that the burrow would be the safer option, but apparently not...
Back to top Go down
NatashaDawn
Pandinus
NatashaDawn

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2013-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Leirus quinquestriatus   Leirus quinquestriatus Empty10/21/2013, 5:22 pm

Any pictures??? emp It should be a rule to show pictures of your baby scorps!!!! hahaha rulz
Back to top Go down
BuggsBalmer
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Leirus quinquestriatus   Leirus quinquestriatus Empty10/21/2013, 5:26 pm

I tried, but I'm not sure how to load pics on the forum?? Embarassed That uploading thingy didnt seem to cooperate... Can I put them on the facebook group??
Back to top Go down
NatashaDawn
Pandinus
NatashaDawn

PostSubject: Re: Leirus quinquestriatus   Leirus quinquestriatus Empty10/21/2013, 5:31 pm

I use my free photobucket account to load my pictures. That way noone I dont know can see my private facebook account and its free. All I do is put a link that photobucket makes for each picture into this text box and it automatically loads it into the text.

Last edited by NatashaDawn on 10/21/2013, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BuggsBalmer
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Leirus quinquestriatus   Leirus quinquestriatus Empty10/21/2013, 6:28 pm

I'm trying to add them via the photos I posted on another group on facebook, but it's showing an imagie icon rather than the actual picture...
I'll try this instead.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202002065670544&set=oa.557613510958488&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202002063590492&set=oa.557613510958488&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202002064030503&set=oa.557613510958488&type=1&theater

Sorry for the inconvenience, best I can do at this moment in time :)Hope it works...
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Leirus quinquestriatus   Leirus quinquestriatus Empty10/21/2013, 6:35 pm

My appologies new registeries have to wait a week to post pictures to prevent spam. You should be able to upload them soon. You don't even need photobuck the site provides it's own photo hosting.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
BuggsBalmer
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Leirus quinquestriatus   Leirus quinquestriatus Empty10/21/2013, 6:45 pm

Oooh alright, no problem. The links are there if people want to see the pics so long. I'll repost them in a few days Smile Thanx for letting me know
Back to top Go down
NatashaDawn
Pandinus
NatashaDawn

PostSubject: Re: Leirus quinquestriatus   Leirus quinquestriatus Empty10/21/2013, 8:18 pm

Its no inconvenience Balmer Smile Thanks for the links! They are some cute little things!!! Congrats on doing so well with them Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leirus quinquestriatus   Leirus quinquestriatus Empty

Back to top Go down

Leirus quinquestriatus
Page 1 of 1