The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Are my setup for my Emperor scorpion right?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

Are my setup for my Emperor scorpion right? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are my setup for my Emperor scorpion right?   Are my setup for my Emperor scorpion right? - Page 2 Empty9/13/2013, 11:37 am

You can leave it on 24/7 as the natural nighttime temperature drop will make it colder anyway.
Yes, you will find that they like basking in the heat that the wire gives off.
Back to top Go down
sinder
Pandinus

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Are my setup for my Emperor scorpion right?   Are my setup for my Emperor scorpion right? - Page 2 Empty12/5/2013, 12:36 pm

Well, i purchased new cocohumus as substrate and purchase some galoons of cocohumus for my scorpion so he could dig, now he have digged a hole under his house, but i havent seen the scorpion for about 2 weeks now, not even in the night time so do i see the scorpion, i have checked if the scorpion is alive and he is because he attacks my Tweezer if i put it in the hole. but he doesnt eat. before he eatn like a dubia once a week. now he have just sat in his hole and havent eaten. is this normal that they hide in their holes for weeks and then come out to eat or could it be stuck in his hole?

i dont know what i should do, is this normal?
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Are my setup for my Emperor scorpion right?   Are my setup for my Emperor scorpion right? - Page 2 Empty12/5/2013, 6:21 pm

Perfectly normal. Emperors can stay hidden and go without food for weeks or months. Just keep offering a prey item once a week and remove if uneaten after 24 hours. Your scorpion could also be molting. The best thing to do is leave it alone and stop bothering it with your tweezers. When it's ready to eat, it will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are my setup for my Emperor scorpion right?   Are my setup for my Emperor scorpion right? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Are my setup for my Emperor scorpion right?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2