The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Cockroach escaped in my tank!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sensual9494
Pandinus

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Cockroach escaped in my tank! Empty
PostSubject: Cockroach escaped in my tank!   Cockroach escaped in my tank! Empty8/16/2013, 2:55 am

So i got some cockroaches for my scorpion to nibble on, i offered the cockroach to my scorp and it took, however that sneaky little cockroach escaped and dug a hole and i couldn't catch it in time. This is the first time anything like this has happened to me, does anyone have some tips from past experience or should i just let my scorp go hunting?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Cockroach escaped in my tank!   Cockroach escaped in my tank! Empty8/16/2013, 5:00 am

Completely safe to leave it for your scorpion to catch later. If it's a dubia roach it is no threat to your scorpion, even during a molt. My Hottentottas seem to enjoy their company and will snuggle for up to a week before deciding it's food.
Back to top Go down
ikissedafrog
Pandinus
ikissedafrog

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Cockroach escaped in my tank!   Cockroach escaped in my tank! Empty8/22/2013, 1:57 pm

LOL, that's why I don't like dubia! They're annoyingly clever, they either hide or dig or play dead or sit right smack dab underneath the animal that wants to eat it. Frustrating is what they are! Wink 

Now, I keep a small amount of dubia on hand for my frog, but my spiders and scorpions eat lateralis roaches. They run, which entices feeding responses, don't climb, don't dig, don't play dead...I love them. Plus, once you get them going, they breed really fast!
Back to top Go down
VictorHernandez
Hadogenes
VictorHernandez

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2012-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Cockroach escaped in my tank!   Cockroach escaped in my tank! Empty8/27/2013, 3:19 pm

The dubia will reemerge at night when the scorp is out, and hell be able to hunt it down. I recommend feeding b. Lateralis roaches to your critters.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/captiveinvertebrates
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Cockroach escaped in my tank!   Cockroach escaped in my tank! Empty8/27/2013, 4:41 pm

+1 on the lateralis. Great source of nutrients, easier to digest and they don't burrow. Just make sure you keep the glass in your tank clean (if there is glass). They have been known to climb dirty surfaces.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cockroach escaped in my tank!   Cockroach escaped in my tank! Empty

Back to top Go down

Cockroach escaped in my tank!
Page 1 of 1