The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

got my baby bicolors

Go down 
+2
ShredderEmp
bjaeger
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

got my baby bicolors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: got my baby bicolors   got my baby bicolors - Page 2 Empty6/22/2013, 7:52 pm

they will be a mixture of 2i and 3i. the 2i will have a rounder body and the 3i will look bigger and more defined. see my original post. the one on the left is 3i and i believe the one on the right is 3i as well. i had one molt into 3i a few days after i got them. so the 2's should be pretty close to molting.

they will have no problem burrowing. so if you think a scorp has escaped, check the substrate! i almost had a heart attack thinking some of them escaped somehow. most of them dug burrows!

these guys are extremely fast as well!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/brandonjaeger
dakuan
Hadogenes
dakuan

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2013-06-05

PostSubject: Re: got my baby bicolors   got my baby bicolors - Page 2 Empty6/27/2013, 3:16 pm

Update:

The shipment will arrive tomorrow morning! Hopefully no DOA's. Picked up my shelf rack today and decided two make two lower racks instead of one large rack. It's safer imo. The display tank for my H.arizonensis weighs a ton because of all the desert substrate/slate rock.

Check it out!
got my baby bicolors - Page 2 Imag0220
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

PostSubject: Re: got my baby bicolors   got my baby bicolors - Page 2 Empty6/27/2013, 10:53 pm

looks good. that desert hairy setup looks huge! i'd worry about the bottom breaking due to the weight.

i had another bicolor molt. there have been no problems with them thus far. each one has its own personality. some are very skittish and some you can literally flip over and they'll just lay upside down lol. i only do that when i think they might be dead Razz. some of them like to dig burrows while others prefer to hide under little pieces of cardboard. they are all very different.

so far so good with them Smile
Back to top Go down
dakuan
Hadogenes
dakuan

PostSubject: Re: got my baby bicolors   got my baby bicolors - Page 2 Empty6/28/2013, 7:11 pm

Damnit! There was a strike at the postal service. Now I have to wait till tomorrow or even Monday. Evil or Very Mad  I sure hope they survive the ordeal.
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

PostSubject: Re: got my baby bicolors   got my baby bicolors - Page 2 Empty6/28/2013, 7:19 pm

how long has it been since they were packaged? mine took a total of 8 days since packaging and i had one doa. chances are pretty good they'll survive. he always includes freebies anyway.
Back to top Go down
dakuan
Hadogenes
dakuan

PostSubject: Re: got my baby bicolors   got my baby bicolors - Page 2 Empty6/28/2013, 7:27 pm

The package was dropped of at the post office on the 21st. So tomorrow will be 8 days. I really hope the A.bicolors survive. H.hottentotta reproduce like crazy anyway. Ideally they all survive, but I'm not sure if that realistic.
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

PostSubject: Re: got my baby bicolors   got my baby bicolors - Page 2 Empty6/28/2013, 7:58 pm

i think they'll be alright Smile
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

PostSubject: Re: got my baby bicolors   got my baby bicolors - Page 2 Empty6/29/2013, 1:58 am

one of my bicolor is eating and has a pin head in each claw plus one in his mouth Razz
Back to top Go down
dakuan
Hadogenes
dakuan

PostSubject: Re: got my baby bicolors   got my baby bicolors - Page 2 Empty6/29/2013, 3:57 am

Haha, awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got my baby bicolors   got my baby bicolors - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

got my baby bicolors
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2