The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Centruroides bicolor

Go down 
+8
Bayss
shadowfoot
Den
Tongue Flicker
cody1984
ShredderEmp
~Abyss~
shaneshac
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty6/7/2013, 3:46 pm

Very nice! Congratulations...love post molt colors!
Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty6/7/2013, 3:53 pm

Wish I had some.
Back to top Go down
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty6/7/2013, 3:55 pm

Gonna try my hardest to breed these guys and get them out to you all.

They are a great looking scorp
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty6/7/2013, 4:05 pm

Send some my way when you do. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty6/7/2013, 4:20 pm

All these breeding projects have me excited! Wait, that sounded wrong...I seriously can't wait to see all these new species making their way into the hobby!
Back to top Go down
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty6/19/2013, 11:30 am

Unfortunately my male C bicolor died a few days ago. The heat has really increased lately and I believe it was a bit fragile from the recent moult. Seriously gutted but have another couple on the way

In the meantime I have rehomed the female. You can barely see her at the bottom of the cork tube.

Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 35522AF4693351C1698F2C51C16775

In case you are wondering, the tub is one of these:

Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Skip
Back to top Go down
F1refly
Hadogenes
F1refly

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2012-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty6/19/2013, 2:11 pm

Aww shame man but at least you've still got the female.
Back to top Go down
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty8/2/2013, 10:26 am

Well further news on my C bicolor female. She was meant to be subadult when I got her, and moulted 3 months ago so I assumed she was adult. Yesterday i noticed she had moulted yet again!!!!

I spoke to the guy who sold her to me and he says he got confused and it may even have one more moult to go so it will be MASSIVE!!!

Hope to get some pics when she hardens up
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty8/2/2013, 8:08 pm

Nice! Yeah these apparently get up to 8i and get pretty long. The bigger the scorp, the bigger the brood!
Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty8/2/2013, 8:57 pm

I want one.
Back to top Go down
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty11/18/2013, 3:28 pm

Heres my adult female bicolor looking for dinner scorpion Rockout 
Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Jyh7
Back to top Go down
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty11/18/2013, 5:46 pm

And one more pic

Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 1mgt
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty11/18/2013, 11:07 pm

Beautiful scorp and a stunning capture!

Drool *Wipes drool off laptop*

Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty11/19/2013, 9:17 am

Ahh beautiful that one is becoming my desktop at work. (with your permisssion of course)Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty11/19/2013, 9:26 am

By all means! Be my guest Wink
Back to top Go down
robert44
Tityus

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty11/21/2013, 12:03 pm

Cool scorps!!!
Back to top Go down
Den
Babycurus
Den

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty11/27/2013, 10:36 am

Just a quick heads up.....It's common knowledge amongst German keepers of C. bicolor that this species needs plenty of ventilation to thrive. Humid conditions and stagnant air kills these guys quicker than than a 9mm to the temple....That may have been the reason your male died.
A few holes in the top of a container simply isn't good enough...if the air in your scorp room is still, then set up a small table fan or computer fan just to get some circulation in the air.
I've removed the glass front of my enclosure and replaced it with small masked (6mm square) chicken wire. I also have a oscillating table fan mounted on a wall blowing at a low setting just to give a bit of air flow in my room. This fan runs as long as my lights are on.
I also believe my other scorps benefit from the exchange of air.

The only down side is it's then tough to maintain a high humidity. So what i do with my bicolors is simply to pour water (not spray) directly through the masked wire down onto the substrate until the substrate below the wire is well saturated. I've had no problems at all doing this although it's my experience that adults are quite tolerant to changing conditions as long as they don't have still, stagnant air...A short dry period doesn't hurt them at all.
Back to top Go down
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty11/27/2013, 1:18 pm

Thanks for this tip. Much appreciated.

Will change the lid to a full mesh one. There is air movement in my garage where i keep my inverts.
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty11/28/2013, 2:22 am

Den, that was very useful information thank you. Does the same thing apply to C. margaritatus?
Back to top Go down
Den
Babycurus
Den

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty11/28/2013, 6:27 am

Hm, i don't think so although don't quote me on it...I didn't take air flow into account with my own C. margaritatus when i had them and i never experienced any problems.
I speak regularily with a few german breeders and none of them have mentioned the same air flow requirements for C. margaritatus so i tend to think it's mainly C. bicolor this environmental factor refers to.
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty11/28/2013, 2:38 pm

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read that C. bicolor is found close to sea level in it's natural habitat. If that's the case, then the air flow issue makes sense.
Back to top Go down
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty12/10/2013, 6:07 pm

I dropped a cricket in her enclosure and she actively left her hide to hunt the cricket. Quite amazing to watch her sneak up on the cricket and grab it before it had a chance to jump. She then proceeded to eat it outside her hide

Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 N6fu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides bicolor   Centruroides bicolor - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Centruroides bicolor
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2