The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

New Scorpion Owner

Go down 
+5
shebeen
*~BEX~*
Sauerkraut
junosama
Guan Thwei
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

New Scorpion Owner - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scorpion Owner   New Scorpion Owner - Page 3 Empty12/10/2011, 3:09 pm

Nah just leave him lol, the real risk of adding stuff with pesticides is if they get eaten by the scorp Smile
Back to top Go down
Guan Thwei
Pandinus
Guan Thwei

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-11-17

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpion Owner   New Scorpion Owner - Page 3 Empty12/15/2011, 8:00 pm

Okay so I know Emperors love staying hidden..but I literally have not seen mine come out in about two weeks..is that normal?

He just stays in the back of his cork bark all the time..I shined a flashlight in there earlier while misting and saw him, he moved a bit so I know he's still alive..
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpion Owner   New Scorpion Owner - Page 3 Empty12/15/2011, 10:58 pm

Hiding away or not eating for long period of time is common for them.
Some have not seen their Emps for months Smile

Have you tried "sneaking" up to his enclosure in the "dark hours" of the night with a black light or by turning on a IR lamp? There'll be higher chance to spot him out of his burrow.

Even if not, it is still normal. The things that are not normal: e.g. dragging of tail / legs curling inwards towards the body..
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpion Owner   New Scorpion Owner - Page 3 Empty12/16/2011, 3:45 am

Yeah completely normal the only way we used to see ours was by webcam lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Guan Thwei
Pandinus
Guan Thwei

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpion Owner   New Scorpion Owner - Page 3 Empty12/16/2011, 2:59 pm

Ah, okay. Just making sure.

Now that I think of it, I remember seeing him drinking out of his water bowl one night when I got up to use the bathroom..

Completely different than the Vitattus, he's ALWAYS skittering around the bark tower I built for him...or her.

As I was typing this I noticed the temp/humidity gauge in my Emp's tank fell over..again.
First time I tried using this sticky stuff that came with it, didn't hold it up..this time I used suction cups..apparently that doesn't work either.
What do you guys use?
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpion Owner   New Scorpion Owner - Page 3 Empty12/16/2011, 7:29 pm

Nothing. I have mine setup with a false bottom, and keep the dirt dark brown.
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpion Owner   New Scorpion Owner - Page 3 Empty12/19/2011, 3:35 am

Streettrash wrote:
Nothing. I have mine setup with a false bottom, and keep the dirt dark brown.

+1

IMO, or use a digital one or nothing at all. And digital ones are not worth the investment really, as you can do without one. I haven't set up my false bottom yet, I just pour a glass or two of water in the tank each couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Guan Thwei
Pandinus
Guan Thwei

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpion Owner   New Scorpion Owner - Page 3 Empty12/19/2011, 4:57 pm

Alright, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Guan Thwei
Pandinus
Guan Thwei

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpion Owner   New Scorpion Owner - Page 3 Empty6/17/2012, 10:48 pm

Hi, haven't been here in several months..my scorpions are still doing good.

Wanted to confirm somthing with you guys.

Alright so, I've been waiting for summer in hopes that I would find another C. Vitattus in my house because I remember reading that they're communal...and about 30 minutes ago my dog sniffed one out in the kitchen (hurray!).

So yeah, I just wanted to make sure that they are in fact, communal. That they'll be perfectly fine living together.

I only have one, this will be the second. And I'm no expert..but I believe the one I found (and still have) almost a year ago is a female, and this one is a male because they're both about the same size, but this new one's body is much thinner and his tale is much longer.

Like I said, I've read that they're communal..but I just feel safer reading it from the "experts". haha
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpion Owner   New Scorpion Owner - Page 3 Empty6/18/2012, 7:58 am

They are most communal as adults. Some cannibalism might occur at earlier instars during molts, as adults they should be fine though. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Guan Thwei
Pandinus
Guan Thwei

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpion Owner   New Scorpion Owner - Page 3 Empty6/18/2012, 4:03 pm

Alright, awesome. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Scorpion Owner   New Scorpion Owner - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Scorpion Owner
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next