The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

First time scorpion owner saying hello!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fool
Pandinus
Fool

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-10-17

First time scorpion owner saying hello! Empty
PostSubject: First time scorpion owner saying hello!   First time scorpion owner saying hello! Empty10/17/2010, 7:17 pm

Hello all my names Frank, I live in southern California and about a month ago I got my first scorpion its a Asia scorpion or a scorpion of the Heterometrus family I really don't know much I'm very ignorant on them but I hope I can learn more about them by being here.

Also my scorpion wont eat or at least I don't see it eating, I was at a petstore and all the emperor scorpions were very awake and lively but mine Isn't like that is their something wrong with it. The thing is I heard their active at night and sleepy at daytime so why where the petstores and mine diffrent? I't just rose some worry in me and hoping you guys know if I should be or not.

Also I am really bad at spelling and grammar so I will try my best to spell correctly and with good grammar since its a forum rule but forgive me before hand for any mistakes I make in the future.
Back to top Go down
Scott Land
Tityus
Scott Land

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: First time scorpion owner saying hello!   First time scorpion owner saying hello! Empty10/17/2010, 8:04 pm

Welcome !! Yours sounds calm an happy the ones at the store were stressed and unhappy.A hiding still scorpion is a happy scorpion! Do not worry if it is not eating they can go months without eating, yours just might need to get used to its new home.

do not worry about your grammer and spelling,mine is bad too.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: First time scorpion owner saying hello!   First time scorpion owner saying hello! Empty10/18/2010, 7:42 am

Hello welcome to the forum you will find a huge wealth of knowledge on here its great! and everyone is really friendly.....

Quote :
Yours sounds calm an happy the ones at the store were stressed and unhappy.A hiding still scorpion is a happy scorpion! Do not worry if it is not eating they can go months without eating, yours just might need to get used to its new home.

+1 your scorp sounds perfectly normal...scorpions are nocturnal so will only be active at night (if at all) and this species are not the most active of scorps so dont expect to see much lol...also some will take a while to adjust to there new surroundings so may not eat for a while all depends on the individual scorpion.

Get some pics up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fool
Pandinus
Fool

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: Re: First time scorpion owner saying hello!   First time scorpion owner saying hello! Empty10/18/2010, 9:46 pm

231bex wrote:

Get some pics up! Very Happy

I put pics up in the picture forum if you want to see them
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: First time scorpion owner saying hello!   First time scorpion owner saying hello! Empty10/18/2010, 11:18 pm

Hi mate,

Welcome to the forum Smile
Yep give your scorps some time to their enclosure. I'm sure they'll be comfortable and start eating when they are ready.

My youngest H. spinifer female has been hiding out for 2 months since she's with me.. so i just leave her alone except the occasional misting and refilling of her water dish..

Finally.. she started eating few days ago Smile

I'm sure yours will do just fine Very Happy
Feel free to post your questions.. friendly peeps in this forum!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First time scorpion owner saying hello!   First time scorpion owner saying hello! Empty

Back to top Go down

First time scorpion owner saying hello!
Page 1 of 1