The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.

Go down 
+9
Jay
shining
**GS**
Streettrash
Annababe
Will3
*~BEX~*
pluto
RoachGirl
13 posters
AuthorMessage
RoachGirl
Hadogenes
RoachGirl

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-05-18

RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty
PostSubject: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/20/2011, 10:49 am

Figured it was about time I did one of these. Most of these pics I took the very day I got the scorps. That's why most are just in plastic cups. I just can't resist getting out the camera as soon as a new scorp comes home. Haha. Also put their names with em cause yeah, I have to give em names.

Pandinus cavimanus ((Stinky)) (Note, the petstore told me he was a Red Claw, can anyone confirm this or does he seem to be another Emp? Thanks)
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Stinky-1

Pandinus imperator ((Medusa))
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Medusa-1

Pandinus imperator ((Hades))
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Hades-1

Pandinus imperator ((Sting))
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Sting

Uroctonus mordax ((Bonnie))
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Bonnie-1

Uroctonus mordax ((Clyde))
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Clyde-1

Ophistothalmus walberghi ((Dozer))
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Dozer-1

Ophistothalmus walberghi ((Digger)) (Yes she was this fat when I bought her. I havent seen her eat since Ive gotten her. Kinda wondering whats up with her.)
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Digger-1

Babycurus jacksoni ((Beatrice))
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Beatrice

Babycurus jacksoni ((Dante))
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Dante-1

Vaejovis carolinianus ((Gremlin))
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Gremlin-1

Hadrurus arizonensis ((Hogger))
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Hogger-1

Scorpio Maurus Palmatus ((Pikachu))
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Pikachu

Smeringurus mesaensis ((Tremor))
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Tremor-1

Hadogenes paucidens ((Bandit))
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Bandit

annnd

B. jacksoni ((Beatrice)) with brood
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Beatriceprincess011

V. carolinianus ((Gremlin)) with brood
RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Devil2006
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DevineRat
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/20/2011, 11:46 am

My guess its an imperator, but i cant see well enough on my cell
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/20/2011, 11:53 am

yeah i would say thats an emp great collection you got! you make me jealous with all buthids Smile
Back to top Go down
RoachGirl
Hadogenes
RoachGirl

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/20/2011, 1:09 pm

Thank you. And yeah we were thinking so. That makes the 2nd scorpion species this one petstore has misidentified. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Will3
Babycurus
Will3

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/20/2011, 4:15 pm

Solution: Don't buy from petshops
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/20/2011, 4:35 pm

In my experience petstore don't have a clue when it comeS to scorpions! Ihogt sold a scorpion as a and I quote "a brown forest one" lol they have no idea about habitat I've been told most are from the desert lol, Even our local wildlife park has was marked as and emporer in about a cm of substrate and it sits out in the open and I'm pretty sure it's either a spinifer or longimanus whatever it is it's not an emp, also they have haddys and there Is a button for the public to press to make a uv light come on!!! Now you think how many people will visit the place and press the button not knowing that uv is damaging to scorpions! The light could be on virtually all day if they are busy!!! Complete ignorance!!!

Grumble grumble
Back to top Go down
RoachGirl
Hadogenes
RoachGirl

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/20/2011, 4:54 pm

They got the Emp wrong apparently and the Tri Colors. Although I understand the Tri Color mistake because they had them labeled as 'Yellow Legged Burrowing scorpions' and those do look sort of alike. And I can't always pay $40 or so shipping when buying scorps so yes, I do go to petstores to buy some of them. Its interesting because now when I go in Im educating the petstore people on their scorpions. They've flat out told me they pretty much have no idea when it comes to the scorps.
Back to top Go down
Will3
Babycurus
Will3

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/20/2011, 5:01 pm

Stop supporting them by refusing too buy, how hard can it possibly be, scorpions don't belong in the hands of petshops, they are not animals for anyone, like hamsters and such, not being able to afford shipping cost is a poor excuse for supporting petshops (yeah i hate petshops with all my heart)
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/20/2011, 5:24 pm

For people getting into the hobby they are ok. They dont care what they get, as long as its a scorpion and I cant blame them. Afterward, hobbyists look further, skip petshops and get more educated. Like Roach does, she informs the petshop now.

Its a normal step.

I find shipping a big BIG letdown too btw.

So if I could find what I need at a petshop, I'll buy it at a petshop.
Too bad that I dont need anything anymore.

I sold some of my scorpions to petshops and they gave me the end clients information so now I ship directly to the end client with a margin for the petshop.

This way I got most of my scorpions sold and to good owners instead of having to euthanase them or sell them at really [hopscotch] prices internationally with packing, weather and blablabla probs and what not... Following this route I have about 8 persons willing to buy from me locally and where I can go if I need something or to buy shared orders cutting down prices and splitting shipping costs. Its wonderful.

I only ship scorpions on demand now, mostly to help out.

Its all good for the hobby and the scorpions's health to get into contact with all kinds of people, and free advertising through established customers and petshops, its called networking. It will make the hobby bigger, the demand bigger, the choice of scorps bigger and it will promote captive breds instead of Wild caughts. I dont see any problem with it if you are well informed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
RoachGirl
Hadogenes
RoachGirl

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/20/2011, 6:23 pm

Thanks, Pluto.

And I never said the petstore was AWFUL or their scorps were unhealthy. This is an exotic petstore that does really well with reptiles and such and has a pretty good knowledge of their tarantulas. They haven't had many scorpions. I don't mind helping them out with what I have learned. They seem appreciative of what I do tell them. And besides it wasnt really their fault that the Tri-Colors were mislabeled. The online place they ordered from labeled them wrong when they shipped them. They're learning as they go and all of my scorpions are healthy. I haven't lost any yet that I've bought from there. =)

Pluto is also right that I don't buy more from that petshop unless I have a female and they just so happen to have adult males. I've been looking at breeders online who have more things that I'm looking for that petstores here just do not carry.
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/20/2011, 6:42 pm

Wow great collection you have there.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/20/2011, 6:48 pm

indeed
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/20/2011, 10:11 pm

Congratz to the recent broods.
Awesome specimens. Especially Dozer! (Ophistothalmus walberghi) Smile
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/20/2011, 10:43 pm

niiiice.
i love that pic of Beatrice with her brood.

Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/21/2011, 9:05 am

That's a sweet collection you've got going there, nice one! Good choice of species, quite alot the same as my choices. Very Happy

In a local rep shop near me they had baby emps on a contatnt blacklight which I wasn't too pleased about, needless to say I let them have it lol although i do agree with pluto that they have their place, especially getting people into the hobby like they did with me. We just have to make sure they find us second. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/21/2011, 10:13 am

First pic is 100% sub adult P. imperator.

Hope to get me some B.jacks in a month or so too Smile
Back to top Go down
RoachGirl
Hadogenes
RoachGirl

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/24/2011, 6:12 pm

Thanks guys!

and thanks for confirming for me that Stinky is infact a P. imperator. I still would like to get my hands on a P. cavimanus sooner or later. =)

oh and here are some updated pics of my scorpion babies. All seem to be doing just fine. First two are a couple of the V. carolinianus, last two are of the B. jacksoni brood.

RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Cinderscorps006

RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Cinderscorps009

RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Cinderscorps011

RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Cinderscorps018
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty9/24/2011, 7:51 pm

Very nice collection you have there! Cheers
Back to top Go down
RoachGirl
Hadogenes
RoachGirl

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty10/5/2011, 9:22 pm

Took a couple of neat photos tonight. First is my Hadogenes paucidens, Bandit. I swear it looks like she has a little smiling chibi face or whatever ^_^

RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Scorpsize004

Second is my largest scorpion, Medusa that we are hoping is gravid. Was able to take a shot of her beside a ruler to show off how big she is. Tail curled and all.

RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Scorpsize010
Back to top Go down
Ludedor24
Babycurus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty10/6/2011, 6:40 am

wish my maurus was that big :\ mine still has a little string for a tail haha
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty10/6/2011, 7:35 am

Nice collection. Great B. jacks!
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
RoachGirl
Hadogenes
RoachGirl

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty10/8/2011, 11:18 pm

Our friend brought us a black light tonight. First time we've gotten to actually view our scorpions under one. Decided to share the better of the pics with you guys. =)

RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Blacklight032

RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Blacklight029

RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Blacklight023

RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Blacklight022

RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Blacklight021

RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Blacklight012

RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Blacklight007
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty10/8/2011, 11:40 pm

Love those pics! I have looked it up before, but what makes them glow under blacklight again?
Back to top Go down
RoachGirl
Hadogenes
RoachGirl

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty10/9/2011, 12:01 am

I honestly don't know. I just know it has to do with chemicals in their exoskeletons. I also know too much UV light is bad for them so I only did this long enough to take pics. Thought it was great timing with Halloween getting close and all. Wink
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty10/9/2011, 12:03 am

LOL, we should dress our scorpions up and do a photo contest! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.   RoachGirl's Scorpion Family. Empty

Back to top Go down

RoachGirl's Scorpion Family.
Page 1 of 1