The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

how often to feed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shanos
Babycurus
shanos

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2011-03-09

how often to feed  Empty
PostSubject: how often to feed    how often to feed  Empty5/26/2011, 2:48 pm

hi guys i have a juvie desert hairy i feed him yesterday and he took the cricket right away ive just seen him hangin out of his hide with his claws so i thought he still must be hungry so i droped in another and he annihilated it as soon as it went in how often should i feed him as i dont want to over feed him thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

how often to feed  Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often to feed    how often to feed  Empty5/26/2011, 4:23 pm

For juveniles, I would feed 2 to 3(max) crickets per week. Cricket size preferably less then 1/2 of a juvenile scorp's (although they can have no issue taking up larger preys)
If you increase the cricket size, decrease the number of feeding per week.

When it matures to sub-adult, 1-2 cricket per week.

For adults, 1 large cricket per 7-10 days will suffice Smile
Back to top Go down
shanos
Babycurus
shanos

how often to feed  Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often to feed    how often to feed  Empty5/26/2011, 4:31 pm

ok thanx a lot no more crickets for him this week lol and the crickets im feeding im are 7-15millimeters long
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

how often to feed  Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often to feed    how often to feed  Empty5/27/2011, 3:43 am

+1 on GS. Yeah I wouldn't over do it mate, you might find it will go missing down the burrows for quite some time if it's completely full up.
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
shanos
Babycurus
shanos

how often to feed  Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often to feed    how often to feed  Empty5/27/2011, 9:06 am

yeah i normaly fed my a/f/s twice a week just didnt know how much to feed the liitle guy as i thought the would grow quicker and i never had one this small lol
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

how often to feed  Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often to feed    how often to feed  Empty5/27/2011, 11:20 am

ours went without food for about 5-6 months after we got it Shocked didnt see it for that whole time was sure it must have died...but no...sure wasnt happy when we dug her up either lolz Smile
Back to top Go down
shanos
Babycurus
shanos

how often to feed  Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often to feed    how often to feed  Empty5/27/2011, 12:53 pm

lol well i fed him wensday and he took it right away and i fed him yesterday cause he was out huntin and he took that within two seconds lol god hes so quick as well i love him lol hes only bout an inch an half and hes got so much attitude hes awesome . ive also got a vaejovis spinigerous comin not this week but the week after so im excited bout that aswell lol. did u take a look at my beardie bex i know u like em Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

how often to feed  Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often to feed    how often to feed  Empty

Back to top Go down

how often to feed
Page 1 of 1