The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Can you over feed a flat rock

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cfhoftampa
Pandinus

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-10-31

Can you over feed a flat rock Empty
PostSubject: Can you over feed a flat rock   Can you over feed a flat rock Empty10/31/2011, 9:48 am

Hi I am new to this forum and here because my flat rock of 5 years passed away overnight last night. He seemed fine and is well taken care of. I do know that last week I unintentionally dropped 3 instead of one cricket in his cage and over the coarse of 2 or 3 days he ate them all. Did he eat too much? When I saw he was dead this morning that was the first thought that crossed my mind. Other then that I have no clue what heppened No
Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Can you over feed a flat rock   Can you over feed a flat rock Empty10/31/2011, 10:26 am

Welcome to the forum and sorry for your scorpion.

2 crickets more wouldn't had killed him. My guess would be natural death. Do you know if it was an adult? Has it ever molted in your care? If it was a wild captured adult, it could very well have died of old age
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
cfhoftampa
Pandinus

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Can you over feed a flat rock   Can you over feed a flat rock Empty10/31/2011, 1:54 pm

I am pretty sure it was not old age. When we got him he was young... about 3 inches long. I got him at a local reptile show. He is about 5 inches long now. It just took me by surprise. He was out and about last night when I turned the lights off of our snake cages.
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Can you over feed a flat rock   Can you over feed a flat rock Empty10/31/2011, 4:05 pm

Did he show any signs/symptoms earlier of any abnormalities? Or was he kicking like usual? He wasn't ever sluggish? Difficulty obtaining/refusing food? How were the conditions in the enclosure?
Back to top Go down
Sauerkraut
Hadogenes
Sauerkraut

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Can you over feed a flat rock   Can you over feed a flat rock Empty10/31/2011, 8:05 pm

+1 to enclosure conditions. Could have been impaction
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Can you over feed a flat rock   Can you over feed a flat rock Empty11/1/2011, 5:46 am

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I'm one of those who believe that you can never over-feed a scorpion.
They will ignore food if they are not hungry.

Any issue from your other scorps eating that same batch of crickets?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you over feed a flat rock   Can you over feed a flat rock Empty

Back to top Go down

Can you over feed a flat rock
Page 1 of 1