The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 

New to this, how much to feed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Libertybell
Pandinus

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-06-01

PostSubject: New to this, how much to feed?   6/1/2011, 6:37 pm

I have an emperor scorpion. I was told it is an adult. I read about only feeding 2 or 3 crickets a week. I have been dropping in 6 or 7 small gut loaded crickets and when I go to remove any left over, the next day, they are all gone. I searched high and low for them, under the water dish, and even disturbed my scorpion and looked under the hide. None left. When feeding him the large ones I drop in 5 and same thing. They are all gone the next day, only a leg of one left. I was feeding him twice a week at that rate for about 3 weeks. Am I over feeding him? Wouldnt he stop eating once he gets full?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bedlam
Tityus

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: New to this, how much to feed?   6/1/2011, 6:46 pm

From what I have researched and been told, they can be over fed. So I would say it keeps eating because it is like a scavenger and seizing the opportunity because it doesn't know when it'll get it's next meal. I have had my P. Imps turn down food and eat constant too.

Feeding twice a week isn't a big deal and if they're smaller crickets then you should toss in extras. I say about 3 crickets an adult. I do that once a week but everyone has preferences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
H. laoticus
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: New to this, how much to feed?   6/1/2011, 9:18 pm

It will stop eating when it's full, but I think you're putting in too many crickets as well. I think the rate you're feeding is fine, but I would switch it to 2-3 crickets per feeding instead and remove leftovers the next day. I don't like seeing my emps when they look like they're going to burst, but I don't like it when they're super thin either so I try to keep their appearance in between which is just my preference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to this, how much to feed?   

Back to top Go down

New to this, how much to feed?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1