The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[Discussion] Androctonus spp.

Go down 
+34
shaneshac
steven555
shadowfoot
Scorpion19981000
scorpmania
Wearelegion
bluefrogtat2
Henderson
lycanlord
Obeah
tfleming
tdark1
Chrome
AnthonyNeubauer
spinnin_tom
nivlaisme
69wishes
Will3
Jay
Cyanide
tlb_05
Roblicious
kingzy88
leiurusSaleen820
takos
leathalreptiles
pluto
Streettrash
Miami T
*~BEX~*
iitomodachi1
DolbyR
Vin Diesel
**GS**
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Will3
Babycurus
Will3

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-06-14

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 11:26 am

@GS
I dont remember, but i read it somewhere, the reason is LQ has less amount of venom.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 11:28 am

7th instar hermaphrodite.
Though it does look female (bodywise) its tail is on the large side.
So cant say atm. Wait till it has hardened up for sexing for a more exact call lol

lOve it btw.. its content on that picture! No yellow spot

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Miami T
Pandinus
Miami T

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 11:30 am

ok guys ......somebody please help me figure this out........I dont have a camera that takes good enough pics so dont ask but.......... I have seen a few pics of Androcs. that are supposed to be gravid........everybody says you can tell by "white blotches" in the stomach......
how positive is this method ........ and do they ever have blotches that look like that for any other reason???????

I ask because I recently got 16 A.a. and about 10 of them have white blotches........I am not sure of the sex of any of them as they were W/C ......
also is it possible for the females to become gravid before they are fully grown......
I see the blotches in a few that are smaller than the rest............thanks guys

and by the way I want some of those A. Baluchicus
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 11:31 am

Ic.. i've been under the impression that one of them is the more isolated scorp with lesser human contacts... Thanks pluto and Will3. Good to be corrected Smile
Back to top Go down
Miami T
Pandinus
Miami T

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 11:32 am

and I say male and 4I...................
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 11:42 am

Miami T wrote:
also is it possible for the females to become gravid before they are fully grown......

This is a tricky but good question. It's something like the saying that only adult females can mate and give brood and only if that female reaches her final molt.. she can than be termed as an adult..

Personally, i do believe that AA females can achieve different instars for their final molt. Some at 7i and some at 8i.
I've heard from a friend that his AA gave birth in 7th instar and yet molt to 8i many months after her brood..
However, i can only confirm this if its my own experience..
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 2:25 pm

so gs, 7th instar but can you post a picture of it once hardened an fed for the first time? Very Happy

LQ or Aa are not that different in the amount of delivered venom. It is just that LQ are more timid and rarely bump into humans. Gs is right on that.

I do believe Aa CAN deliver more venom as can Parabuthus species but I doubt they do. Venom production as physiologically seen quite expensive for a scorp. They dont waste it
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 2:31 pm

I read somewhere that LQ can inject only around 0.22 mg while AA can inject up to 2 mg.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 2:53 pm

I believe ranges from all preyin and defending scorpions per sting are between 0.1-0.6mg..

When electrical stimulation is used to "milk" the venom glands of scorpions, an average yield of anywhere from 0.006 mg to about 2.0 mg of venom can be obtained from a single scorpion. The average is probably less than 0.5 mg. And it is likely that they inject even less than this amount under natural conditions. Still, a highly venomous scorpion, say with an LD50 of 0.5, delivering a full load of 0.5 mg venom, could inject enough toxin in one sting to kill half of one kg (about 60 mice weighing 16-18 g each) of lab mice.

Milking is making sure the venomsack is completely dry and by means of small electric shocks also causes excrement to be included into the venom delivery amount.

So no.. highly doubt it. LQ and Aa are almost the same size, apart from the bulk. I might say its a tie.

Also some LD50 tables say Androctonus Crassicauda is the most venomous scorpion with 0.08mg. Some say LQ with around 0.25. So to me, its all guessing work.

I think getting stung by an LQ, A Crassicauda, Mauritanicus, bicolor or Australis is just equally bad.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 3:08 pm

All you need to know bout scorpfrags and ld50s and amount of venom administered
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 3:20 pm

pluto wrote:
I think getting stung by an LQ, A Crassicauda, Mauritanicus, bicolor or Australis is just equally bad.

Totally agree on that.
I thought australis would be difficult to find, but it seems I just found through a friend a guy who has bred them, so LQ i out.

So very probably I might be having an australis soon.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 3:40 pm

DolbyR wrote:
pluto wrote:

Totally agree on that.
I thought australis would be difficult to find, but it seems I just found through a friend a guy who has bred them, so LQ i out.

So very probably I might be having an australis soon.
cheers wont regret it!
Btw you're just too manly (just like me lol) for an LQ too.. What a Face
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 5:17 pm

Lq is quite a boring looking scorp too.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 5:25 pm

Scared male bicolor (he ran 5x around his enclosure before stopping and cooling off
[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Img0095be

@dolby, imho yes you are right
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 5:26 pm

Drool
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 5:48 pm

If she ever pops (almost certain she is gravid though) you'll have some of these too.

@Gs bro, i think it is female dude. After looking at mine, gravid, she has an equally fat tail.. Just a guess though.
Back to top Go down
Will3
Babycurus
Will3

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 5:50 pm

Isnt that male Aenas morph? waay shinier than my Bicolor
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 6:23 pm

It was sold as one yes. So it should be an Aeneas morph. However, since people are not out of the discussion what an Aeneas really is, you could also say this is a Bicolor but an extremely dark and glossy variant, so is his girlfriend btw :-)

I like them, havent seen them before, these one uniform black colored form. So I hope she really will deliver. The white dots almost cannot be somehting else so..

;-)
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/23/2011, 10:55 pm

Yes, pluto's bicolors are awesome. Super glossy! I always get a piercing *BLING !! to my eyes.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/24/2011, 12:32 am

Gs bro, thanks but the one you posted... what is it now? Male female? Still dont know and I want to know. Because I think you have an interesting guess case there...

Maybe you have posted the answer, but I havent read it or read over it, sorry Smile

Also, maybe the sand and lighting keeps them very clean, and that s why they are so glossy.

Ps. I'm especially proud of the kit in the corner! Very tidy work LOL
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/24/2011, 4:36 am

pluto wrote:
7th instar hermaphrodite.
Though it does look female (bodywise) its tail is on the large side.
So cant say atm. Wait till it has hardened up for sexing for a more exact call lol
lOve it btw.. its content on that picture! No yellow spot
Twisted Evil

pluto wrote:
Gs bro, thanks but the one you posted...
Spoiler:
what is it now? Male female? Still dont know and I want to know. Because I think you have an interesting guess case there...

Am just going to "announce" it.. lolz
As i've said before, you are a really hardcore a.bicolor fan. Hats off to you seriously!
Its a 7th instar female Very Happy

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 ABicolor_Female_pectines
Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/24/2011, 5:36 am

woahhh imma get an AA or A bicolor too. I envy you guys!! amazing scorps Smile yeah \m/
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/24/2011, 6:18 am

@gs JEEJJ... i was in doubt because the tail looked so big on the first picture. Usually females dont have those enlarged wide tails males have. Im blushing now though. You always have a 50/50 chance of being right ofcourse lol

Get one Tlb, I find the bicolor more of the nasty little buggers, while Australis are rather docile even though if they sting you it should hurt more.

Anyway, im biased as you know lol. But really seeing a scorpion, packing a big punch, and as small as a large cricket running across the terrarium, with its huge (comparatively size-tail) tail held high, its pinchers held high and ready to sting. It is really impressive. I find it to be more impressive than a larger scorpion, although more venomous, moving slowly.

The little ones also run longer. They dont run stop run stop run stop.. they just keep running, like an angry kid Smile Quite a sight.
Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/24/2011, 7:02 am

pluto wrote:

Get one Tlb, I find the bicolor more of the nasty little buggers, while Australis are rather docile even though if they sting you it should hurt more.

Anyway, im biased as you know lol. But really seeing a scorpion, packing a big punch, and as small as a large cricket running across the terrarium, with its huge (comparatively size-tail) tail held high, its pinchers held high and ready to sting. It is really impressive. I find it to be more impressive than a larger scorpion, although more venomous, moving slowly.

The little ones also run longer. They dont run stop run stop run stop.. they just keep running, like an angry kid Smile Quite a sight.

So which ones the good one to get first? A bicoolor or AA? coz imma get two of em Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty6/24/2011, 7:23 am

depends what you like from looks... Cant help there.

For their nature,

You have big and brawly, or fine and fiesty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Androctonus spp.
Page 10 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next