The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Your favorite Scorp to feed.

Go down 
+5
Skywalker
Andrew273
_Nagash_
scorpion111
Athlon2k2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Your favorite Scorp to feed. Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite Scorp to feed.   Your favorite Scorp to feed. Empty4/28/2008, 12:07 pm

I was feeding all of my scorps yesterday and was noting their hunting habits. Out of the 11 species I have the H. Judaicus was my favorite. I actually observed one fall onto its prey and another seemed to leap at its prey. I often times observe them stretching trying to feel for prey. Most of my scorps just sit and wait.

So what is your favorite scorp to feed?
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Scorp to feed.   Your favorite Scorp to feed. Empty4/28/2008, 12:12 pm

well,i only have an emp and its awsome watching her feed. if she's fasted for a while and i offer her food, somtimes she ripps her prey appart!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
_Nagash_
Centruroides
_Nagash_

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Scorp to feed.   Your favorite Scorp to feed. Empty4/28/2008, 1:39 pm

Hard to tell, maybe A.mauritanicus og H.jayakari.

When I throw something into the A.mauritanicus enclosue, the scorpion is inside it`s hide. When the prey pass the entrance, it suddenly dissapear Smile

Gave a mealworm to my H.jayakari. First , it just waited for the worm, and when it was in range, it grabbed hold of it and stung it 10-15 times. I lost count because the stinger was looking like a sewing machine.

regards
Robin
Back to top Go down
Andrew273
Tityus
Andrew273

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Scorp to feed.   Your favorite Scorp to feed. Empty4/28/2008, 1:46 pm

A amoreuxi

A picture is worth a thousand words...
Your favorite Scorp to feed. Photo98
Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/andrew273
Skywalker
Hadogenes
Skywalker

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Scorp to feed.   Your favorite Scorp to feed. Empty4/28/2008, 1:56 pm

Parabuthus villosus black morph

These scorpions are extremly aggressiv. They grab and sting everything that comes near. And they spray/throw venom as soon as I open their enclousures. I have to be very carefull when feeding them. But it's always fun to watch. Cool
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Scorp to feed.   Your favorite Scorp to feed. Empty4/28/2008, 2:26 pm

ALL.
-Emps, you don't need a microscope to see them exteriorly digest their food.
-A.mourexi always has that clean straight shot and holds it in for a while.
-A.mauritanicus is like the previous but leaves a big stab wound with the insides flushing out
-C.Vittatus struggle with the prey so a lot of action.
Still awaiting B.Jacksonis and some other Centruroides from people here. and also a tytius Smile

O.Boehmi for some reason it catches it in its claws and the prey weakesn as if it had poison on its calws, lulz.
Back to top Go down
freeman
Centruroides
freeman

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Scorp to feed.   Your favorite Scorp to feed. Empty4/28/2008, 2:35 pm

Orthochirus spp. Smile
Back to top Go down
_Nagash_
Centruroides
_Nagash_

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Scorp to feed.   Your favorite Scorp to feed. Empty4/28/2008, 3:00 pm

I had a nice experience with B.jacksoni. Last weekend, the day after I retuned from the gathering where I got them, I gave them som grasshoppers. Two of the B.jacksoni`s decided to share one grasshopper. Pretty funny to watch Smile

Regards
Robin
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Pandinus

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Scorp to feed.   Your favorite Scorp to feed. Empty4/28/2008, 4:02 pm

i like feeding my vaejovis Spinigerus... i throw about 50 crickets into the bin with 20-40 babies and at first they run like hell is freezing over...then they all stop and turn tail and start stinging everything lol....

or my baby emps they will grab 2 crickets per arm and start munching on one immediatly, they rarely sting though... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://invertsales.com/
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Scorp to feed.   Your favorite Scorp to feed. Empty4/28/2008, 4:50 pm

_Nagash_ wrote:
I had a nice experience with B.jacksoni. Last weekend, the day after I retuned from the gathering where I got them, I gave them som grasshoppers. Two of the B.jacksoni`s decided to share one grasshopper. Pretty funny to watch Smile

Regards
Robin
That happened to my C.Vittatus, they starting wacking each other with their metasomas
Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWeIfrPRosE&feature=related
At about 1:35 minutes Surprised
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Scorp to feed.   Your favorite Scorp to feed. Empty4/28/2008, 4:50 pm

Shadow wrote:
i like feeding my vaejovis Spinigerus... i throw about 50 crickets into the bin with 20-40 babies and at first they run like hell is freezing over...then they all stop and turn tail and start stinging everything lol....

Sad
That must be cool to watch.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Scorp to feed.   Your favorite Scorp to feed. Empty4/28/2008, 7:54 pm

Really ticked off LQ...Very Happy They sting like crazy.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Scorp to feed.   Your favorite Scorp to feed. Empty

Back to top Go down

Your favorite Scorp to feed.
Page 1 of 1