The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

heating question

Go down 
+4
Manser
Mr. Mordax
Canth
mezzle992
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

heating question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: heating question   heating question - Page 2 Empty12/3/2010, 8:17 am

lol ours just leg it lol
Back to top Go down
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: heating question   heating question - Page 2 Empty12/3/2010, 8:31 am

my emps and h.spinifer dont seem botherd by human pressance, they just carry on as normal, am i a ghost???
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213

PostSubject: Re: heating question   heating question - Page 2 Empty12/3/2010, 8:35 am

Manser wrote:
my emps and h.spinifer dont seem botherd by human pressance, they just carry on as normal, am i a ghost???

Dude! I think you might be affraid
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: heating question   heating question - Page 2 Empty12/3/2010, 6:39 pm

lol

Once my scorpions settle in, then they start acting skittish. When my emps had those half log hides, they didn't really have a place to retreat and they appeared stressed (not that I can really tell) and they didn't act like what I would perceive as normal scorpion behavior. Once I gave them better hides like driftwood pieces and once they began burrowing underneath them, they appeared much more alert in terms of reactions and behaviors. I guess their setup became their own little world and things started to operate normally again. They didn't react to vibrations before, but now a single breath gives a reaction.

Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Re: heating question   heating question - Page 2 Empty12/3/2010, 11:18 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
Depending on the scorpion, a lot of them spend most of their time in a burrow, so a circadian rhythm isn't terribly relevant. And has been stated, scorps don't pick up on the IR spectrum.

+1 here!

I keep my lamps on some of scorps on my rack all the time. The temps in the house still fluctuate and so do there's as a result, just at about 10-15 degrees warmer Very Happy.

Mine will come out for their night runs with IR bulbs on and I love watching them, I am almost positive that what they say about not picking up on IR is true just on my experiences alone as I shine a black light on them at anytime they are out and they bolt! It's almost like a vampire in sunlight!

With them not picking up on IR the light in the room gives them a natural day/night cycle. I have them in front of a window too, as the only space in my apt I can fit them and the plants. But with them being nocturnal this is no big deal either, they hide when they need to and come out when they feel comfortable.

Just my 2 pennies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: heating question   heating question - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

heating question
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2