The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

New Red Claw Scorpion Tank And Heating Question.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BillyB087
Pandinus

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-08-13

New Red Claw Scorpion Tank And Heating Question. Empty
PostSubject: New Red Claw Scorpion Tank And Heating Question.   New Red Claw Scorpion Tank And Heating Question. Empty8/13/2016, 6:51 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forums. I just bought a red claw scorpion, he seems to be pretty active and healthy and eating fine. My main question is about the heating I just got him a red bulb light to add a little heat because I have the ac running a lot in the summer his tank was a bit cool (68-72) So after adding the light its up to about 78-79 with a 40 watt bulb, I also have a heating pad too on the one side of the tank. I read most scorpion sites say the temp should be around 80-85 humidity 75-85 I was wondering if I should maybe buy a 60 watt bulb or is the temp good where it is? Humidity after misting stays around 70% also a little low but maybe with a better bulb it will go up too? Last question is the red light best for a scorpion or is there other options I should consider. Attached a pic of his tank. New Red Claw Scorpion Tank And Heating Question. 14037810
Back to top Go down
Toecutter
Pandinus
Toecutter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-07-16

New Red Claw Scorpion Tank And Heating Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Red Claw Scorpion Tank And Heating Question.   New Red Claw Scorpion Tank And Heating Question. Empty9/4/2016, 12:50 pm

Do you turn the light off at night, or is it on always?

I don't see the heat pad in the pic...added after? What wattage is it?

You need a lot more substrate, he's a burrower...

Back to top Go down

New Red Claw Scorpion Tank And Heating Question.
Page 1 of 1