The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

emperor scorpion general chat and care

Go down 
+11
_scorpio_
LadyRiotControl
electrophyste
lycanlord
ManicDan
liette
PeterUK
Mr. Mordax
*Connie*
~Abyss~
scorpion111
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/23/2008, 2:14 pm

*Connie* wrote:
eeek! checking the night after a feed is always a good idea!

Dont worry about it though, just remove the cricket *as im sure you have hehe* and any remaining mould you can see.

Its happened to me before...well with leg pieces.
Clearly the scorpion(s) didnt want feeding that time, try again next week

Another note, from what I have noticed. When my grrrl wants feeding she always sits with her chela poking out the hide and open. If you dont see that for a while then she doesnt want food, but if you notice one night she has her chela poking out, pop one cricket in and judge by what she does
xxxxx

what do you mean by chela? phelidaps or the little mouthparts(cant remember name and sorry for bad spelling) cheers for the info. Smile
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/23/2008, 2:40 pm

The chela are the "pincers" which are attached to the "arms"...as a whole the Pedipalp.
the chela is the "claw"

When that is poking out from under the hide with the "pincers" open...that is a signal to feed as in the wild, they wouldnt always go out and roam but wait with "hands open" for food and then attack, catch, sting/crush and then eat

xxxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/23/2008, 2:57 pm

Scorpion111, check out our anatomy thread.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/25/2008, 3:31 pm

*Connie* wrote:
The chela are the "pincers" which are attached to the "arms"...as a whole the Pedipalp.
the chela is the "claw"

When that is poking out from under the hide with the "pincers" open...that is a signal to feed as in the wild, they wouldnt always go out and roam but wait with "hands open" for food and then attack, catch, sting/crush and then eat

xxxxx

ok thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/25/2008, 3:33 pm

guess what- my scorplings are 2i now! yayyayyay!!!!! Very Happy oh yeah- is it normal for mum to eat the skins that the babies leave behind?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/25/2008, 3:48 pm

Wouldn't know . . . I've never heard of scorps eating their exos.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/25/2008, 4:07 pm

IHeartMantids wrote:
Wouldn't know . . . I've never heard of scorps eating their exos.

it was definetly just an exo. mabye my scorp isnt right in the head.......
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/26/2008, 12:13 pm

sad news. i saw my scorp eating one of the young.i've seperated them in fear that she will eat them all. the scorplings seem fine in thier new home anyway.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/26/2008, 12:51 pm

ive also seen mine eat their exos. Saw one running about with someones leg in mouth and pincer in claw!
cute but gross

eeek no idea why NOW she has behun eating them! She must be stressed?
They will be fine without mum.

xxxxx
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/26/2008, 1:53 pm

*Connie* wrote:
ive also seen mine eat their exos. Saw one running about with someones leg in mouth and pincer in claw!
cute but gross

eeek no idea why NOW she has behun eating them! She must be stressed?
They will be fine without mum.

xxxxx

well, she wasnt stressed. i dont see how she could have been,the conditions were fine. mabye she wa just feelin' pekish. scratch
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/27/2008, 10:35 am

how long does it usualy take for 2irs to become active and look for food? cause mine are just in a big group under the hide doing nothing.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/27/2008, 11:09 am

they wont activly look for food until they have hardened and to be honest I didnt look for wanting to be fed signs. I waited a few days and then put in some headless crickets and feeding began right away. All piled around one cricket when two more were there to be eaten hehehe.

How often were you going into or looking at the tank?

xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/27/2008, 11:19 am

well i take a quiet look once a day to make sure everyones ok.i was wondering - what size of cricket did you use?
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/27/2008, 11:20 am

any, as long as its head is removed that way its not big nor small with a mouth to bite!

Adam the other day picked up a cricket that had escaped and it bit him! so if they bite humans, 2I's wont be a problem.

When mine got harder, I put in small crickets and they took them down fine! hehehe

xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/27/2008, 1:19 pm

cool, thanks.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/28/2008, 3:58 pm

well,the babyies seem to be doin fine. im going to be feeding them on wednesday (hopefully) headless crickets, anyone?
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/29/2008, 3:05 pm

headless crickets will be fine

I might give mine some more crickets *headless* tonight
xxx
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/30/2008, 11:03 am

*Connie* wrote:
headless crickets will be fine

I might give mine some more crickets *headless* tonight
xxx

im feeding them tonight. ill put a headless in. hopefully noting will be left by morning.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty4/30/2008, 1:01 pm

ok, i put a headless cricket into the cage, outside the hide. i looked into the hide an hour later---- and whats this--- one of the babies has stolen the cicket all for itself! so i put another one in and most of them are feeding on it! yaaaay!! ive also noticed the the scorps are starting to brown a little bit, too. oh yeah- how meany times a week should i feed 'em? same as an adult?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty5/1/2008, 1:02 am

Feed them as often as they eat. If they don't eat offered prey, try again in a few days. If they still don't eat, try again in a week.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty5/1/2008, 9:16 am

Mine all used to pile around one cricket, some vertical in the air!

I offer 4 a week or 2 and then 2 days later add 2 more. But as Mike said, feed as often as they will eat.

I only feed mine so much because I have a lot *like you do* in one tank and there is always one who gets only a cricket leg
xxx
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty5/1/2008, 12:38 pm

cool, thanks for the info Smile
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty5/7/2008, 10:46 am

UPDATE:
--------------------------

well, the scorps are doin fine. i put in 4 crix last night and they fed really well. not a trace left. they are all a kinda dark,sandy tan colour now. how long does it generaly take for 'em to reach 3i?
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty5/7/2008, 2:39 pm

As long as it takes them to be honest. I have one still moulting *kinda stuck like the other* and some havent even begun yet and that is hitting past the 3 months old mark.
Just depends on them, but I would say before and around 3 months since their birth in my current experience
xxx
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty5/7/2008, 3:45 pm

cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

emperor scorpion general chat and care
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next