The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

How to care for young emperor scorpion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheyann
Pandinus

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-08-25

How to care for young emperor scorpion Empty
PostSubject: How to care for young emperor scorpion   How to care for young emperor scorpion Empty8/27/2014, 3:10 pm

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I just got my first emperor scorpion and I have a few questions. Its pretty small. Maybe about 3/4-1in. Is a 2.5 gallon too big? How much substrate? What do I feed it? I am going to get a heat pad and stick it to the side of the cage. Would that be ok? I guess I'm worried it will make the whole tank too warm because its only 2.5 gallons.
Back to top Go down
Cheyann
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: How to care for young emperor scorpion   How to care for young emperor scorpion Empty8/27/2014, 7:56 pm

So I found out heat pads don't make a ton of heat so it shouldn't be a problem. I also don't know why I asked what to feed it (maybe just because I had a bunch of questions going through my head). I got some small crickets for it.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: How to care for young emperor scorpion   How to care for young emperor scorpion Empty8/27/2014, 8:00 pm

There's a sticky at the top of this section that should answer all your questions. Smile

http://www.scorpion-forum.com/t13-faq-frequently-asked-questions-about-emperor-scorpions-pandinus-imperator
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Cheyann
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: How to care for young emperor scorpion   How to care for young emperor scorpion Empty8/27/2014, 10:02 pm

Thanks. I saw that tread but didn't scroll down far enough to see the second post. The first link in the second post was very helpful. I tried to be more prepared but I didn't expect to get such a small scorpion. One more question, the thermometer says the tank is at 80 degrees. Do I need to get a heat lamp to raise it 5-6 degrees or is this fine?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

PostSubject: Re: How to care for young emperor scorpion   How to care for young emperor scorpion Empty8/27/2014, 10:15 pm

Your temp is fine. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cheyann
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: How to care for young emperor scorpion   How to care for young emperor scorpion Empty8/28/2014, 8:39 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Cheyann
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: How to care for young emperor scorpion   How to care for young emperor scorpion Empty8/30/2014, 2:07 pm

Should I keep his enclosure pretty empty (just a hide and water dish) or can I add some moss, fake plants etc? I'm asking because I feel like if I added things to the cage it would be hard for him to catch crickets.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

PostSubject: Re: How to care for young emperor scorpion   How to care for young emperor scorpion Empty8/30/2014, 2:43 pm

You can add whatever you want to the enclosure. He'll be able to catch crickets just fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to care for young emperor scorpion   How to care for young emperor scorpion Empty

Back to top Go down

How to care for young emperor scorpion
Page 1 of 1