The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

emperor scorpion general chat and care

Go down 
+11
_scorpio_
LadyRiotControl
electrophyste
lycanlord
ManicDan
liette
PeterUK
Mr. Mordax
*Connie*
~Abyss~
scorpion111
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty11/1/2008, 2:40 pm

i'll try get some pics tommorow.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty11/1/2008, 5:25 pm

Mistakes happen, sometimes the scorpion just isnt "meant" to survive, like natural selection. Ive had some die though moulting, some thought being munched on by tank mates and another just randomly, for no reason at all.

Its sad but this one is still alive and could very well make it to adulthood. It will adapt to life without being able to sting. Im sure it will be fine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty11/1/2008, 5:37 pm

yeah, it's finished it's cricket so i'm happy.

and I froze one of the boxes i've got the scorps in cause there were alot off eggs in the substrate. mites, I think.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty11/1/2008, 6:27 pm

You can't see mite eggs with the naked eye.

Checking on my juvie mordax recently, I've noticed that baby scorpion poo could easily be mistaken for arthropod eggs (small, white, spherical).

I nuked my P. cavimanus substrate once when I found a bunch of cricket eggs in it.

Edit: What Connie said about sting-free scorps surviving to adulthood, I have a friend with a subadult emp that lost its telson to a tankmate when it was 1I or 2I, and is still doing good.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty11/1/2008, 6:33 pm

that's good to hear, but they definetly look like some kind of eggs.... not sure. yeah i'm sure stumpy will make it to adulthood, he's one hell of a feeder.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty11/1/2008, 8:16 pm

it could very well be cricket eggs then that you are seeing.
Ive seen them before and thought I had two weeks before they hatched....was just over a week and LOADS of hatchlings running about
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty11/1/2008, 8:17 pm

nah, they aren't cricket eggs.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty11/8/2008, 3:06 pm

No

one of the lil' scorps was moulting today, I went up to check on him, and his left arm was missing. the whole thing. I don't know how this happened.... anyway he's dead now. I think he bled to death... he's lying limp with tail flat out. oh well, I guess not everyone survives.

GODDAMN IT! what is with all the death, seriously? wtf? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty11/8/2008, 3:36 pm

it really is the death time again isnt it. Not long and a load of births will happen!
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty11/8/2008, 3:45 pm

I hope so.
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty11/8/2008, 4:02 pm

i hope its over really soon coz i dont want to loose my lil tarantulas aswell...
omg!! i havent got ANY emps!!!! damn!!!
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty11/8/2008, 4:18 pm

I still got 9 left! MUHAHAHAHAHA!

awwwwww.... just remebered I had like... 19. Sad

ah well.
Back to top Go down
Noctrnl
Hadogenes
Noctrnl

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty6/27/2009, 11:42 am

*Connie* wrote:
its totally normal. I have a Iomachus politus *she so teeeeeny* and she has only had one cricket, one small cricket since I got her. She just isnt interested at the moment. I keep popping one in every other week but still she not interested.

They like to do this to us so we spend money on the crickets and then they dont eat and we lose the money when they all begin to die *hehe*
- The scorpions are Conspiring against us.
Back to top Go down
d@nn
Pandinus

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty6/28/2009, 4:11 am

Any updates on the young ones?
How many are left?
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty6/28/2009, 5:55 pm

Lol

this thread was from a few years ago. I have 2 left now, both 5i. 2 females, I think.
Back to top Go down
whureaux
Pandinus
whureaux

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-02

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty1/2/2012, 12:37 am

Hello, my name is William and I recently got a Flatt Rock Scorpion. I have tried looking up care and what to use as bedding and have gotten confused from some of the different articals I have read. One says one thing and another something different. So I was wondering if some one could give me a few pointers on the best set up for my scorpion. I have a 10 gallon tank with sand and some earthy wood and dirt that came with it. But I have been reading mixed things about how to set it up right. I have read that it has to me moist earthy material and I have also read that it has to be sane and to make sure it is not humid and to spray the tank lightly only once every week or so. So I am not sure the right way I should do it. Any help would really be appreciated thank you.
Back to top Go down
lmiller
Centruroides
lmiller

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty1/2/2012, 1:58 am

I sent you a Personal Message William.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

emperor scorpion general chat and care
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6