The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Anything else i need to know about Pandinus Cavimanus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Anything else i need to know about Pandinus Cavimanus Empty
PostSubject: Anything else i need to know about Pandinus Cavimanus   Anything else i need to know about Pandinus Cavimanus Empty1/7/2010, 7:22 pm

Might be picking up a couple P. Cavimanus next week and was wondering if theres anything i need to know about them other than that they're more aggressive than emps

Stuff like, are they communal and stuff like that.

There's something about their chela that u can use as a way of sexingthem without lookin at the pectines isnt there, what is it?

Cheers.

PS, while i'm here im just wondering, can different Heterometrus species be kept together ok without fights etc etc cause i got what im pretty sure is a male H. Petersii to go with my female and she gave birth about 4-5 months ago so i assume shes ready to breed again but i havent seen any sights of mating or any spermatophores, i have seen them jousting as if they were mating but thats all, i just want to make sure i have a matchin pair and not just a male that looks very very similar to the female, im fairly certain he is a H. Petersii cause i spent ages looking at pics and comparing the 2 next to each other.

Christ just realised my PS is actually longer than my original question Laughing

Cheers again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/The_Scorp_Whisperer
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Anything else i need to know about Pandinus Cavimanus   Anything else i need to know about Pandinus Cavimanus Empty1/8/2010, 2:18 am

They're a bit more aggressive, their ideal humidity is a tad drier, and they're not very communal. I've heard enough cannibalism reports to advise against trying it. When it comes to sexing, there's some sort of tooth the males have on the chela, but that's all I know.

Not sure what to say about your second question - are you positive you have a male / female pair?
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Anything else i need to know about Pandinus Cavimanus   Anything else i need to know about Pandinus Cavimanus Empty1/8/2010, 11:46 am

pretty sure theyre pectines looked different when i first got them (but i mgiht not have compared properly) and the male has the tooth on his chela that the female lacks, i suppose i could double check the pectines and look a bit more closely at granulation on the carapace etc, ill do that today, the problem is when it comes to granulation and the arrangement of trichobothria i cant get a second opinion on this forum because my camera cant really pic that up very well

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/The_Scorp_Whisperer
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anything else i need to know about Pandinus Cavimanus   Anything else i need to know about Pandinus Cavimanus Empty

Back to top Go down

Anything else i need to know about Pandinus Cavimanus
Page 1 of 1