The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Exo terra forest moss for a T??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EXOTICNIGHTMARES
Pandinus
EXOTICNIGHTMARES

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-12-26

Exo terra forest moss for a T?? Empty
PostSubject: Exo terra forest moss for a T??   Exo terra forest moss for a T?? Empty12/31/2009, 6:07 pm

Hi,
Does any one know if this substrate is a good choice for a T.blondi?? I know allot of people use coco-husk or soil etc but I prefer the look of the moss! and it holds the humidity really well!
Thanks guys and have a Happy new year!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Exo terra forest moss for a T??   Exo terra forest moss for a T?? Empty1/2/2010, 11:14 pm

I know someone who put a layer of that on top of cocofiber for a large T (Acanthoscurria chacoana). It worked pretty well, especially since the T moved it around so it would draw moisture out of the water dish and into its burrow.

So I'd think it would be fine as a layer on top, but I'd recommend keeping a thick layer of cocofiber underneath.
Back to top Go down
EXOTICNIGHTMARES
Pandinus
EXOTICNIGHTMARES

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Exo terra forest moss for a T??   Exo terra forest moss for a T?? Empty1/3/2010, 2:04 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
I know someone who put a layer of that on top of cocofiber for a large T (Acanthoscurria chacoana). It worked pretty well, especially since the T moved it around so it would draw moisture out of the water dish and into its burrow.

So I'd think it would be fine as a layer on top, but I'd recommend keeping a thick layer of cocofiber underneath.

Il add a few inchs of cocofiber an soil and have the moss on top,the moss really helps with the high humidity that the T.blondi needs,thats why i was so keen to use it!
Thanks
Craig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exo terra forest moss for a T??   Exo terra forest moss for a T?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Exo terra forest moss for a T??
Page 1 of 1