The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Does B. jacksoni really need bark to molt properly?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ThomasH
Pandinus

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Does B. jacksoni really need bark to molt properly? Empty
PostSubject: Does B. jacksoni really need bark to molt properly?   Does B. jacksoni really need bark to molt properly? Empty3/6/2009, 7:59 pm

I really don't have any on hand right now. Will fake leaves and egg carton help my scorpling molt? She is going to molt any night now. Where do you get the bark?
TBH
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Does B. jacksoni really need bark to molt properly?   Does B. jacksoni really need bark to molt properly? Empty3/6/2009, 8:34 pm

No, B. jacksnoni and other Babycurus species don't actually need one like other bark scorpions but it wouldn't hurt to have one since most seem to like molting there anyways. I've raised a lot without a vertical piece though.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Does B. jacksoni really need bark to molt properly?   Does B. jacksoni really need bark to molt properly? Empty3/6/2009, 10:32 pm

I've known keepers who significantly reduced their scorpling mortality by including something vertical or angled to molt from -- bark itself isn't necessary; I've used egg cartons for mine without a problem.

For my Tityus stigmurus I'm using cut rectangles of coconut fiber matting (like you see advertised as a climbable cage background). They're never on it unless they're molting.
Back to top Go down
ThomasH
Pandinus

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Does B. jacksoni really need bark to molt properly?   Does B. jacksoni really need bark to molt properly? Empty3/7/2009, 5:27 pm

Okay, egg carton it is. I think my bigger one is going to molt tonight! By the way I love the jacksoni caresheet on here.
TBH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does B. jacksoni really need bark to molt properly?   Does B. jacksoni really need bark to molt properly? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does B. jacksoni really need bark to molt properly?
Page 1 of 1