The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Little girl is giving me quite a scare

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
serqetslog
Pandinus
serqetslog

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Little girl is giving me quite a scare Empty
PostSubject: Little girl is giving me quite a scare   Little girl is giving me quite a scare Empty6/13/2013, 12:41 am

Hello everyone! my name is Matt, I have owned exotics all of my life and within the last decade all chilean rose hair tarantulas for my arachnid quarter- Serqet being my first scorpion, and yes, an emperor. I have had her a little over a year now with no complications. She's quite aggressive but the humidity and substrate are always top notch and taken care of as well as her active eating habits of a good sized superworm or cricket every 3-4 days. now for the past few days and nights she has been unnaturally active... circling the tank, aggressively taking her meals without question, drinking heavier amounts, and burrowing and climbing nonstop. her sides have shown some white so I magically assumed she is beginning to molt. came home today to find she is dead still, claws kinda sorta closed in and most importantly, her tail is lined against the ground straight out--- all of which I have read are signs that she is possibly dead.. Sad 

But this is what brings me here really, I have never heard of or seen such activity prior to a possible death, I will be patient and let the body set for a few days, I have not moved her but slightly at the claws to see any reaction, and I am wondering if it is possible she may be molting with those signs. I am far from ready to lose this little girl!!!!
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2012-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Little girl is giving me quite a scare   Little girl is giving me quite a scare Empty6/13/2013, 2:18 am

it seems like people are loosing scorpions at the season change, including myself.

tail flat and straight I think shes dead because that's what mine did when it died.

sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/androctonus.australis.5
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Little girl is giving me quite a scare   Little girl is giving me quite a scare Empty6/13/2013, 9:49 am

So sorry about that. I lost my first Emperor a little bit ago and I still have that empty feeling.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Little girl is giving me quite a scare   Little girl is giving me quite a scare Empty6/13/2013, 4:32 pm

Do you know if she's an adult? Adults will have a dark orange to red telson. If she is an adult, I'm sorry to say she's almost certainly dead. If she still has some growing to do, there might be a chance that she's molting but it really doesn't sound like it. Any chance you could get a pic of her and the cage setup?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little girl is giving me quite a scare   Little girl is giving me quite a scare Empty

Back to top Go down

Little girl is giving me quite a scare
Page 1 of 1