The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Mordred Molted/ Also a question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpiongirl
Centruroides
Scorpiongirl

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-12-16

Mordred Molted/ Also a question Empty
PostSubject: Mordred Molted/ Also a question   Mordred Molted/ Also a question Empty2/8/2013, 6:14 am

First and foremost: OMG OMG OMG ONE OF MY SCORPIONS MOLTED! ♥ I'll post pics of the exoskeleton! ♥ I think it was mordred. (this is my first molt)
The exo was sitting right out in the open for me. Such a generous little guy. I love you

Also, should I worry about separating them when they molt? Or do I not have to worry about emperors canabalizing during?
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Mordred Molted/ Also a question   Mordred Molted/ Also a question Empty2/8/2013, 6:49 am

Happy days Smile .

It is the riskiest time when cohabiting scorpions. Emperors tend not to munch each other though, so you should be fine leaving them together.

If you are worried, you can always remove the other scorpion for a week or so until 'mordred' has hardened up.

Back to top Go down
Scorpiongirl
Centruroides
Scorpiongirl

PostSubject: Re: Mordred Molted/ Also a question   Mordred Molted/ Also a question Empty2/8/2013, 6:56 am

I may do that. Or try to at least. The three have dug a deep tunnel and I've only seen what I suspect was Morgana and Morgose outside the tunnel/ One of them looks really fat, so unless she ate Mordred, she's probably ready to molt as well. I really don't want to destroy their beautiful cave, so I might just have to trust the other two not to eat their potential baby-daddy/little brother (if it weren't scorpions, that'd sound so incredibly just.... wrong). The only thing I'm "DARN"ing about is that I wasn't there to see it happen. I love you
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: Mordred Molted/ Also a question   Mordred Molted/ Also a question Empty2/8/2013, 7:04 am

Yer if it involves lots of messing around and potential stress for the scorpions, leave them be. They should be fine anyway.

Haha, I got my first scorpion more than 10 years ago and currently have over 200 of them in my shed, and I'm still yet to see one mid-moult! Sigh...one day.........lol.
Back to top Go down
Scorpiongirl
Centruroides
Scorpiongirl

PostSubject: Re: Mordred Molted/ Also a question   Mordred Molted/ Also a question Empty2/8/2013, 7:08 am

200??? And the jealousy kicks in. Bowdown
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Mordred Molted/ Also a question   Mordred Molted/ Also a question Empty2/8/2013, 7:24 am

Congrats! Hope you have many more!
Callum, dont know if I asked this before but how long does feeding take or do you split the feeding into different days for different groups?
I take about 1 and a half to 2 hours for my collection of 150+. I envy your collection and I don't at the same time haha.
Sorry for going a bit off topic.
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: Mordred Molted/ Also a question   Mordred Molted/ Also a question Empty2/8/2013, 7:38 am

Says the man who's got tonnes of drool worthy Southern African species Smile

At them moment all the slings get fed 3 to 4 times over two weeks. Each feeding/watering can be done in an hour if I'm super speedy (which feels like you're on a production line, open tub, spray water, drop food in, close tub, repeat lol), but I like to take my time and enjoy observing them so I'm usually there for 2 or more.

Adults are currently being fed every week to 10 days. Again that can be done in an hour or less, but I usually take my time. I also top up water/mist as and when needed.

Back to top Go down
Scorpiongirl
Centruroides
Scorpiongirl

PostSubject: Re: Mordred Molted/ Also a question   Mordred Molted/ Also a question Empty2/8/2013, 7:42 am

(meanwhile, i'm sitting here taking notes) yay I love you info
Back to top Go down
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Mordred Molted/ Also a question   Mordred Molted/ Also a question Empty2/8/2013, 9:21 am

I've seen one of my baby Lq's mid molt and I've decided I much prefer when they surprise me all done. The one I caught made me stress out way too much. I got all up in my head about it. How long has it been, is she stuck, will I have to help, How the hell do I help, I shouldn't check on her too much but it's been 10 seconds has she moved... Argh. Now I just trust them to do their thing and I do mine. Which is stomp around twice a week with food and water and try not to mess with them too much.

Your emps should be good together as they have said.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
Scorpiongirl
Centruroides
Scorpiongirl

PostSubject: Re: Mordred Molted/ Also a question   Mordred Molted/ Also a question Empty2/8/2013, 9:36 am

LOL now that you mention it, i would probably do exactly as you did. Get all stressed out and such.
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2012-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Mordred Molted/ Also a question   Mordred Molted/ Also a question Empty2/8/2013, 6:23 pm

ive had 3 molts

my emps dont eat each other..... they are buddies.

if there is still crickets in the tank i usually just leave them in there cuase the scorpion that molts usually go back into its burrow untill it hardens up

and crickets dont really go into burrows , if they do the other scorpions will eat them.

i have 3 in pre-molt rite now. 2 adults

game plan is to breed them. 2 males 2 females , 1 unknown.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/androctonus.australis.5
Scorpiongirl
Centruroides
Scorpiongirl

PostSubject: Re: Mordred Molted/ Also a question   Mordred Molted/ Also a question Empty2/8/2013, 6:48 pm

then i trust morgana and morgose are protecting him. Yaaaay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mordred Molted/ Also a question   Mordred Molted/ Also a question Empty

Back to top Go down

Mordred Molted/ Also a question
Page 1 of 1