The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Ecooper's scorpions picture thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ecooper
Centruroides
ecooper

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2012-06-02

Ecooper's scorpions picture thread Empty
PostSubject: Ecooper's scorpions picture thread   Ecooper's scorpions picture thread Empty12/6/2012, 1:55 am

Lately I have been lamenting the lack of critters available to me to photograph at this time of the year. Well I am happy to say that the problem has been resolved—for the time being at least. Last week I took possession of 19 new “pets” including three new species of scorpions, two species of tarantulas, and one centipede. One might jump to the conclusion that I used the dearth of photographic subjects as an excuse to buy some interesting critters (and one would be right).

Last night I finally managed to find a whole 15 minutes to do a shoot, so I quickly set-up my white box and took these pictures of one of my new critters: a lovely adult female desert hairy scorpion (Hadrurus arizonensis). Here are a couple of photos from the series I posted on my blog.

Cheers,
EC
www.macrocritters.wordpress.com

Ecooper's scorpions picture thread 8248288945_580e34f513_zdesert hairy scorpion 7 copyright ernie cooper 2012_filtered by ernie.cooper, on Flickr

Ecooper's scorpions picture thread 8249355700_cfbc2bbec8_zdesert hairy scorpion 6 copyright ernie cooper 2012_filtered by ernie.cooper, on Flickr

Last edited by ~*GS*~ on 12/13/2012, 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated title)
Back to top Go down
http://www.macrocritters.wordpress.com
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Ecooper's scorpions picture thread   Ecooper's scorpions picture thread Empty12/6/2012, 2:38 am

Those are very nice pics of my favorite little desert bugger.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
robert44
Tityus

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Ecooper's scorpions picture thread   Ecooper's scorpions picture thread Empty12/6/2012, 10:50 am

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
ecooper
Centruroides
ecooper

PostSubject: Re: Ecooper's scorpions picture thread   Ecooper's scorpions picture thread Empty12/6/2012, 1:16 pm

Thanks! It's been years since I had a desert hairy. I'd forgotten what nice critters they are!

EC
Back to top Go down
voldemort
Pandinus

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Ecooper's scorpions picture thread   Ecooper's scorpions picture thread Empty12/6/2012, 11:11 pm

those pics are stunning! please keep 'em coming
Back to top Go down
ecooper
Centruroides
ecooper

PostSubject: Re: Ecooper's scorpions picture thread   Ecooper's scorpions picture thread Empty12/7/2012, 3:06 pm

voldemort wrote:
those pics are stunning! please keep 'em coming

Thanks! I'm doing my best! Very Happy

EC
Back to top Go down
ecooper
Centruroides
ecooper

PostSubject: Another scorpion picture: Orthochirus scrobiculosus negebensis   Ecooper's scorpions picture thread Empty12/13/2012, 1:14 am

I picked-up a nasty virus late last week and haven’t been feeling particularly inspired (or healthy) ever since. But this morning—once I stopped trying to cough-up a lung—I decided to grab my camera and take a few photos of one of my Israeli pillar tail scorpions (Orthochirus scrobiculosus negebensis for my blog.

These are such great (I dare say cute) little scorpions. But they are a pain to photograph because they live in a dusty environment—and it is really difficult to get a nice, clear, sharp photo of a very small, dusty animal. It’s tempting to wash one of these little beasts off in some warm water. But I’m afraid that immersion in water, even for a short time, would stress the animal badly or even worse, cause it harm.

Cheers,
EC
Ecooper's scorpions picture thread 8269139956_c0050a29bf_zorthochirus 1 copyright Ernie Cooper 2012_filtered by ernie.cooper, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ecooper's scorpions picture thread   Ecooper's scorpions picture thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Ecooper's scorpions picture thread
Page 1 of 1