The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

mites on my babies!!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

mites on my babies!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: mites on my babies!!!!!   mites on my babies!!!!! Empty9/11/2012, 1:29 am

This is my first time dealing with this as I am quite anal on my clean up schedule. Somehow I believe the death of the mother scorpion is connected to them appearing. I've never seen them until after her death. She left behind 13 little bundles of emperor joy and now they are riddled with beige or dark white mites that sit around their eyes, between the armor and body segments.
At first I just thought it was substrate on them but I took a magnifying glass to one and my fear was a reality.

I know how to rid the enclosure of the mites but how do you get them to get off the emps and be gone?
Should I separate them all into their own deli cups using paper towels as substrate and keep them drier than normally? Would the hissing roach flour "shake and bake" mite removal technique work on them? I doubt that but anyways help a brother out!!!!! mites on my babies!!!!! 8072
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

mites on my babies!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mites on my babies!!!!!   mites on my babies!!!!! Empty9/11/2012, 11:35 pm

Nevermind, I found the answers I sought after. Thanks for the help. Rolling Eyes
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?164933-How-Can-I-Remove-Mites-From-My-Emperor-Scorpion-!-!
Back to top Go down

mites on my babies!!!!!
Page 1 of 1