The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

My Borneo Snake Collection

Go down 
+12
~Abyss~
vandalcore
robert44
Tongue Flicker
Yames
lycanlord
Parabuthus21
**GS**
Scorpion19981000
shadowfoot
DolbyR
LXDNG79
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty12/19/2012, 6:19 pm

A tough snake to frame in the viewfinder
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Boigadrapiezii_zpsd631e2cd

My setup for a pair of Yellow-Stripped Rat Snakes or Common Malayan Racers (Coelognathus flavolineatus)
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Coelognathusflavolineatus_zps6b7cb491
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

Number of posts : 1106
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty12/19/2012, 6:59 pm

your malayan racer looks like my coelagnathus erythrurus minus the red and green hues while your drapiezii looks like my boiga philippina in sideview Very Happy

i love your snakes there, you have lots to choose from lol
Back to top Go down
vandalcore
Pandinus
vandalcore

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-12-23

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty1/1/2013, 1:23 am

your snakes are very beautiful as well as their enclosures too are awesome. thanks for sharing sir...
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty1/1/2013, 1:51 am

exoticvirus wrote:

It's about the same I feel... just that over here, I don't of anywhere or anyone I can go to do buy local snakes as exotic pets... I have to pick mine up from road cruising or 'rescue' them from the homes of people who want them removed.

Cheers man Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty1/2/2013, 4:58 am

LXDNG79 wrote:
exoticvirus wrote:

It's about the same I feel... just that over here, I don't of anywhere or anyone I can go to do buy local snakes as exotic pets... I have to pick mine up from road cruising or 'rescue' them from the homes of people who want them removed.

Cheers man Very Happy

haha! i love what you do man! thank goodness you can keep them.. here if you wanna rescue them you have to release it somewhere else again or donate it to some local zoo or rehabilitation facility where they will usually die in a matters of weeks lol
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty1/2/2013, 10:42 am

exoticvirus wrote:
here if you wanna rescue them you have to release it somewhere else again or donate it to some local zoo or rehabilitation facility where they will usually die in a matters of weeks lol

It's seeing more roadkills on the road than live snakes that I find unfortunate... oh well Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty2/3/2013, 1:27 pm

It's been a while lads and here's an overdue update

3/4 is filling right portion of the north wall. One more 50x80cm and a temp 2footer quarantine tank beside it still to come
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 3quarters_zps36618a51

The Update of Enclosures shown before...
ViperVille with 2.2.0 Tropidolaemus subannulatus
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Tropidovilla_zps601f5f27
Thinking of ways to fix a siphon plug to the water tub for water change. Jez takes her food by the tongs now... and if she's got room to spare she'll hit mice, large frogs and even birds as shown here
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 JezBird-Eater_zps17ce4162
This new girl also does well with tong-feeding but she seems to be doing find snatching loose geckos along with the lads

The Boiga Ranch with the B. cynodon and the B. drapiezii co-habitating it.
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Boigaranch_zpsb346c56a
The both have their own fave branch perches an coil space on the leaf littler. For feeding I just chuck in live Euarsian sparrows with the flight wings clipped. The B. cynodon picks them off shyly in the dark of night. A mid-body bulge is the only indication. The B. drapiezii is given geckos by hand/tweezer. Both often remain hidden during the daytime. That real fern in the middle didn't make it and will be replaced by an artificial plant.

The newest Installment for the Mangrove (B. dendrophilla)... kept separate from the rest since it is known prey on other snakes; even adult vipers
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Mangroove_zps4043270a
It features a foward opening trapdoor boldted down with hinges and a shallow front-side lagoon which sufficient for wading. The favored perch is right up on the top right back corner in the nest artificial ferns. But I managed to get this peek shot by luck.
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 BumbleBee_zps06a50c59

I'll close with a little panoramic of how Borneo Homelab AKA Reptile House Studios as my band uses this as our regular rehearsal space.
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 BORNEOHOMELAB2013_zps28b56cda

Cheers and best regards as always
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty2/3/2013, 1:55 pm

Once again, stunning snakes and awesome enclosures.

Thanks for sharing, Alex.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty2/3/2013, 7:01 pm

FINALLY! Chanced upon the B. cynodon out on a limb in it's enclosure; cloudy-eyed itching to shed. My favourite and most difficult to photograph naturally, notice how it always tucks it's head.
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Branched_zps5bfc675e
Almost snuggling up to it on it's right was the B. drapiezii; as always charmingly curious at any commotion even the camera.

Again It's usually not advisable to mix different species in the same enclosure but these two seemed to get along very well

Cheers and best regards
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty2/3/2013, 7:02 pm

Very nice Alex! cheers
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty2/18/2013, 4:00 pm

New Composit shots of my Boigas... Bumblebee, Smaug and Slinky taking a gecko

My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 BumblebeeX_zpsf025d612

My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Smaug_zps072d106c

My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Slinkyeats_zps86a2767e

*Special Thanks to Gary for those Brilliant shots of my B. dendrophilla

Cheers and best regards!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty2/19/2013, 12:54 pm

Great pics Alex, thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty2/19/2013, 1:01 pm

Great I love the B.drapiezii feeding pic. Looks like he's eating the geiko commercial gekko!
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty2/20/2013, 5:46 am

~Abyss~ wrote:
Great I love the B.drapiezii feeding pic. Looks like he's eating the geiko commercial gekko!

Hey man... Haven't heard from you in a long time... Good to see you back!
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty2/20/2013, 12:29 pm

I'm glad to be back, and glad to see an ol'timer still active on the forum. I miss the OG memebers Lisa(ladyriot) and Venom especially. But I'm back and here to stay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty2/20/2013, 5:25 pm

Best Chinese New Year Ang Pow ever... acquired from a house call rescue in a suburban residence.

My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 BabyC_zps62724fa8

Happy New Year!!! Cheers, best regards and may the best of your past be the worst of your future!
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty2/20/2013, 8:40 pm

Gorgeous animals and enclosures!!!
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty2/20/2013, 11:04 pm

Finally After many months of toiling and building.... my HOT-Herp wall is practically done... UPDATE
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 SnakeShelf_zps71499c60

Starting from top left... Tank 1. - Viperville with 2.2.0 Tropidolaemus subannulatus
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Viperville_zps06940bf7

Bottom Left Tank 2. - Mangrove Pad for my Boiga dendrophila
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 MangroveSwamp_zps42d209c8

Bottom Right Tank 3 - Arboreal Forest for my B. cynodon and my B. drapiezii
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 BoigaForestX_zpsa530cb49

and lastly Number 4 which I named the Flooded "Temple" with no occupant yet
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 FloodedTemple_zpsdcc70d43

My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 2amp4-SwampHabitats_zps9488a688

And this is how the shelf is situated in my room from an earlier photo...
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 MyDomain2_zps49e0bd66
The 4th Tank was still on the way, there's two big terrariums at the other end with 2 species of Asian Rat Snakes, my drumkit with some amps and guitars lying around as my band rehearses here every week or so....

Cheersssss and bessssst regardssssssss

Last edited by LXDNG79 on 2/21/2013, 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty2/21/2013, 12:21 am

So...envious...of...collection... Drool
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty3/21/2013, 3:33 pm

Some recent updates, a friend of mine found me a 3rd Yellow-Tailed Rat Snake (Gonyosoma oxcephalum) which I have yet to photograph and the Mangrove has unfortunately moved on to greener pastures after succumbing to a respiratory infection.
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 BumblebeeX_zpsf025d612
It will be sadly missed. But the cycle of life goes on... nonetheless

Recently, another friend handed to me a Painted Bronzeback (Dendrelaphis pictus) he caught on the road, and I housed it in the old Mangrove tank. Though I've never seen it do so, the subsequent bulge indicated that it had taken some of the wild frogs that I had chucked in the tank. Roughly two weeks in, I found this at the back left corver of the tank to considerable surprise and amazement. Looks like its a girl.
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Dendelaphispictuseggs_zpsd35057af
This species is one of the more common snakes seen in urban backyards but being a very twitchy and skittish snake, it is very hard to run down. They are very fast with a panicky disposition; going into fits and convulsions if they see you pass by and don't take kindly to being handled so I haven't managed to take any good photos of her.

When I took the opportunity to recover the eggs to place them in an incubation tub, she did a number on me. All I heard was a slap of her tail, I turned my head to see if she had got out, but she was no where in sight. So much so that I placed the eggs, closed her cage door and saw that she was nowhere to be seen. That got me stumped but fortunately I sealed all the doors and windows before I service any of my snake cages. I eventually took out all the boxes at the bottom shelf and found her when I lifted the bottom shelf board. Indeed a successful recapture but she was missing for at least an hour and that gave me a sufficient scare. The next time I service cages for these I'm gonna make sure to box them.

Cheers ans best regards
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty3/21/2013, 10:42 pm

ooh lovely bronzeback. i happen to own 4 species from the genus Dendrelaphis Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty3/25/2013, 7:27 pm

Gonyosoma oxycephalum update: As mentioned in an earlier posts, I recently got a new Red-Tailed Rat Snake from a friend.
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Gonyosomaozxycephalum2013_zps6dfdd87b
With 3 snakes, the enclosure is getting a bit crowded, meaning I'll have to begin work on constructing a larger one.

Here's two of them snuggling together on a basking spot.
My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 GonzoampBongo_zps428d54c0
Could be a pair but only time will tell.

Cheers and best regards
Back to top Go down
Wattsy
SCORPIONMOD
Wattsy

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty3/26/2013, 3:35 pm

Those temple pit-vipers are absolutely stunning, great collection! I wish it wasn't so hard to get hold of such great species' in the UK
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty3/26/2013, 6:52 pm

I am most fond of the Temple pit viper myself, but they're pretty dangerous. Do you handle Jezebel at all if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty3/27/2013, 3:49 pm

Patcho wrote:
I am most fond of the Temple pit viper myself, but they're pretty dangerous. Do you handle Jezebel at all if I may ask?

Yes but with two long snake hooks that keep you're hands way out of strike reach

Cheers and best regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Borneo Snake Collection   My Borneo Snake Collection - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Borneo Snake Collection
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next