The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Ninja Scorpion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bayushi-san
Hadogenes
Bayushi-san

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2012-07-01

Ninja Scorpion Empty
PostSubject: Ninja Scorpion   Ninja Scorpion Empty8/2/2012, 10:59 pm

Alright, so I'm chilling by my PC and I hear a rustling in my Scorpion Tank. Taking a peek over, I see Shosuro climbing up the wire of the digital Thermometer I use to monitor her hide's temp. I saw it and thought "Oh that looks neat." Continuing my observation brought something truly hilarious.

She (I think, see other post) then used her claws to grip the remainder of the wire, at almost a 90 degree angle to where she was, and climb up to the top of the cage. She's done this twice now.

In the interest of her not taking a ten inch fall, I used a deli cup to get her down and put her back into safety, but I'm wondering how common this is. Should I be worried about the fall? It's a full ten gallon tank, and the top is about 10 to 12 inches high. THere are rocks and hard things on the ground below where she'd climb.

Advice?
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Ninja Scorpion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Scorpion   Ninja Scorpion Empty8/3/2012, 12:28 am

They are quite hardy against falls but having a chance of landing on something concrete seems to be of a concern. It's similar to using exo-terra terrarium where there is this nice looking backdrop which allows scorpions to climb up all the way to the ceiling. Bex suggested that it might be good to place the backdrop on the outside of the terrarium which i agree.

For me, i just put a digital 2-in-1 thermo/hydrometer in my scorpion room to gauge the temp/humidity of the room, just for the fun of having one as I don't really refer to it actually.

If the atmosphere around the scorpion enclosure feels cold to you, the temperature is most likely on the cooler side for the scorpions as well. As your collection grows, it's easier to regulate the scorpion room temperature then for individual specimen. Hence, my advise would be removing that digital thermometer with the wire inside the enclosure.
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Ninja Scorpion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Scorpion   Ninja Scorpion Empty8/3/2012, 10:28 am

You can also try taping the wires to the glass with clear packing tape or something similar.
Back to top Go down
vic5466
Pandinus
vic5466

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-05-30

Ninja Scorpion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Scorpion   Ninja Scorpion Empty8/3/2012, 11:41 pm

HAHA I was just going to post something similar! The other night mine did the exact thing and was rope climbing with the thermometer wire and got on the screen lid. Had to use a container to scoop it up and put it back down so it wouldn't drop and hurt itself. I just moved the wires over from the spots where they will usually try to crawl out of so they wont by chance grab it again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ninja Scorpion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Scorpion   Ninja Scorpion Empty

Back to top Go down

Ninja Scorpion
Page 1 of 1