The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2012-06-09

someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions..... Empty
PostSubject: someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions.....   someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions..... Empty7/1/2012, 6:36 pm

my emperors are not adults yet but when they are adults i want to breed them and i need to learn how to breed them and i want to know how long it takes them to reach adults.... right now 4 of them are medium size and one of them is still pretty small.. i have one female and the rest are unknown.... im ordering 50 deli cups in a day or two for when they have babys, the deli cups are crystal clear so im going to put one of my emps each in a deli cup and look at there pectines and the oval thing to see if there male or female....but i have a few questions ....

0) how long untill they are adults???.... there medium size rite now...

1) do emperors eat there babys?

2) how many babys do they have?.... im wondering if 50 deli cups is enough or if i should order more....

3) rite now all 5 are in a 29 gallon tank, should i move a 1 male and 1 female into a 10 gallon , and put the other 3 in another 10 gallon or just leave them in the 29 gallon?

4) do i have to put a flat rock in the tank for them to mate on or will they mate on the coconut fiber substrate ??

5) are baby emps communal ??? i thought it would be better to have deli cups it would be easier to count and feed....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/androctonus.australis.5
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions.....   someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions..... Empty7/1/2012, 6:39 pm

6) would the baby scorpions die if u take them away from there mother earlie ??
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions.....   someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions..... Empty7/2/2012, 12:18 am

no responses yet No No No
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions.....   someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions..... Empty7/2/2012, 2:23 am

My opinions:

0) Usually, forest scorpions such as Pandinus imperators or Heterometrus spp takes 14-20 months to fully mature. It depends which instar your scorpions are at now. If yours are 4-5.instar, it'd probably take another 6-12 months.

1) Sometimes they do, If there are stressed during giving birth to their babies or when they know that the babies are weak individuals that might not make it to adulthood.

2) On average, 20-40

3) Up to your own preference. Usually keepers separate groups that:
- Fighting issues between specimens
- Gravid females etc

My apologies.. i'm at work now and typing on my phone is terrible.. more later..

Meanwhile..

https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t7735-asa-forest-scorpions-caresheet
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions.....   someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions..... Empty7/2/2012, 4:36 am

4) Not on substrate. Any solid surface would do. E.g. Flat piece or slate, rock or bark piece

5) All scorpions are communal until they are NOT.
Meaning, risks will definitely be there in a communal setup, it really boils down to what you are willing to take.

What we can do is to ensure that:
- Ample space and hides are provided
- Right enclosure conditions (e.g temperature and substrate moisture)
With the above, risks are still present, but .. minimised.
Individual housing in deli-cups is definitely the safest but it more time consuming for the keeper, but if you can afford it, why not?

6) Always allow the scorplings to dismount from their mom's back on their own.
After they do, it's back to question 5 again.
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions.....   someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions..... Empty7/2/2012, 1:58 pm

alright thanks for the information Smile
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions.....   someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions..... Empty7/2/2012, 2:06 pm

where can i get a flat rock slate ????..... if i cant find that can i use a peice of tile ???
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions.....   someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions..... Empty7/2/2012, 3:03 pm

I just bought superworms for my emps at pecto they were only a few dollars ....where can i get a flat rock slate ????..... if i cant find that can i use a peice of tile ???
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions.....   someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions..... Empty7/2/2012, 3:06 pm

i looked at the scorpions in that link u sent me and comaring it to them , one of my scorpions look like its at 4th instar but the other 4 are bigger..... the other 4 are like twice the size as the one thats at 4th instar but there not adults yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions.....   someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions..... Empty

Back to top Go down

someone who knows how to breed emps please answer my questions.....
Page 1 of 1