The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

heat pad and lighting questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jahines1
Centruroides
jahines1

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2012-06-08

heat pad and lighting questions Empty
PostSubject: heat pad and lighting questions   heat pad and lighting questions Empty6/8/2012, 10:54 pm

I have one emp, in a five galloggn tank. I have a heat pad on back wall. Striker (my emp) has decided to barrow under rocks in the back.should I move the heat pad?And im looking for a night veiwing light that does not emit enough heat to screw up the temp in his cage .i just want to be able to see at night without hurting striker. Any suggestions on a good bulb or light bar?

Last edited by jahines1 on 6/9/2012, 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jahines1
Centruroides
jahines1

PostSubject: Re: heat pad and lighting questions   heat pad and lighting questions Empty6/9/2012, 12:47 am

I currently have no lights at night.
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: heat pad and lighting questions   heat pad and lighting questions Empty6/9/2012, 6:30 pm

If you want night viewing, I would replace the heat pad with an IR lamp with a dimmer. The dimmer will allow you to adjust the temperature without moving the lamp. Scorpions can't see red light, but humans can. Under the IR lamp, you'll be able to view your scorpions at night when they think it's dark. This is assuming your scorpions come out at night. My Emp stays underground most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: heat pad and lighting questions   heat pad and lighting questions Empty6/9/2012, 6:49 pm

shebeen wrote:
If you want night viewing, I would replace the heat pad with an IR lamp with a dimmer. The dimmer will allow you to adjust the temperature without moving the lamp. Scorpions can't see red light, but humans can. Under the IR lamp, you'll be able to view your scorpions at night when they think it's dark. This is assuming your scorpions come out at night. My Emp stays underground most of the time.
+1.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
jahines1
Centruroides
jahines1

PostSubject: sounds good   heat pad and lighting questions Empty6/9/2012, 7:58 pm

He does stay under most the time. I think I will go with the ir and dimmer. Bout how much does that cost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: heat pad and lighting questions   heat pad and lighting questions Empty

Back to top Go down

heat pad and lighting questions
Page 1 of 1