The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

I'd love Some Help From You Pro's

Go down 
+4
Den
shebeen
Callum B
ScorpTrek
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ScorpTrek
Pandinus
ScorpTrek

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-05-17

I'd love Some Help From You Pro's - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd love Some Help From You Pro's   I'd love Some Help From You Pro's - Page 2 Empty5/23/2012, 4:46 pm

Im just about to order a 50W IR bulb and a Komodo Clamp Lamp Fixture with Black Dome, 14 cm.

That should be ok right? I know Callum said 40 or 60 watt so I assumed 50 would be ok too. Wink
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: I'd love Some Help From You Pro's   I'd love Some Help From You Pro's - Page 2 Empty5/23/2012, 5:21 pm

50W will be fine.
Back to top Go down
ScorpTrek
Pandinus
ScorpTrek

PostSubject: Re: I'd love Some Help From You Pro's   I'd love Some Help From You Pro's - Page 2 Empty5/30/2012, 8:59 am

Hi guys here is a wee update: Im still waiting on my Vivarium! Though apparently PacelForce are bringing it up from London as we speak...

So I have spent the last week buying the things I will need. So far I have:

A 25kg bag of Playsand from B&Q [it was very cheap and the bag is large!]
A 50W IR bulb
A Komodo Clamp Lamp
A large plastic faunarium thingy for keeping the vict..I mean crickets.

Im about to order some excavator clay, would a 2.5kg bag be enough for the ratio?

After I get that I just need a thermometer and some decor and I think im good to go.

Then I buy the Scorp itself ofcourse!
Back to top Go down
Den
Babycurus
Den

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: I'd love Some Help From You Pro's   I'd love Some Help From You Pro's - Page 2 Empty5/30/2012, 9:20 am

Quote :
A 25kg bag of Playsand from B&Q

Quote :
2.5kg bag be enough for the ratio

Mixing all that together would give you a 10 to 1 mix ratio which sounds fine to me although to be on the safe side try and find the instructions or mixing ratio's on the excavator clay before you order it. It'd be annoying to get it and discover a ratio of lets say 5 to 1 is what's needed.

Still, i suspect you won't really need all 25 kg's of sand with an enclosure dimensioned to 45 x 45 x 45. Maybe only half of that or a touch more would be needed and still give you a decent depth for your substrate. A 25 kg bag of sand in itself will have a dimension of approx 30 x 20 x 60 (w🅱h)

Like everyone else i'm looking forward to seeing the end result Wink

Back to top Go down
ScorpTrek
Pandinus
ScorpTrek

PostSubject: Re: I'd love Some Help From You Pro's   I'd love Some Help From You Pro's - Page 2 Empty6/1/2012, 5:38 pm

The Vivarium came today! Its huuuuge looking.

Ill give a shout out to the London Dog Company whom I bought it from: it came VERY well wrapped. Im very excited now.

Im just in the process of ordering the clay with the intention of putting it all together next weekend when I have some time off. Oh and a thermometer [well, two: one for each end].

Hopefully you are right Den and the wee 2.5kg bag will do me. I'll post some pics of my new vivarium tomorrow when im home from work so you guys can get a look at her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'd love Some Help From You Pro's   I'd love Some Help From You Pro's - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'd love Some Help From You Pro's
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2