The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Advice on rearing an liocheles politus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
antmac
Centruroides
antmac

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Advice on rearing an liocheles politus Empty
PostSubject: Advice on rearing an liocheles politus   Advice on rearing an liocheles politus Empty5/15/2012, 5:33 pm

Hi all I can't find any info on this species any were and I was just thinking you guys might help
And also I've got some babys comeing Thursday and was wandering wat to feed a Scorpio that small lol
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Advice on rearing an liocheles politus   Advice on rearing an liocheles politus Empty5/15/2012, 6:18 pm

Hi Antmac.

Liocheles politus. Are you sure you are getting this? There is an Iomachus politus, or there are a few Liocheles spp. but Liocheles politus doesn't exist.

I'm assuming that you are getting I. politus, but if it is Liocheles, many of them require very similar care.

They're very easy to care for as slings. Mine are being kept individually in small 'deli' tubs. They have a substrate of coco fibre that is kept damp(humidity 70%+). Small, flat pieces of bark are used as hides, these guys like to squeeze into small spaces. Keep them at temperatures between 25c - 30c. I'm feeding mine on 3 or so pinhead crickets per week but after getting some feedback off someone I sold a few babies to, they will also take pre-killed food. It saves having to buy a tub full of micro crickets every couple of weeks just for a couple of scorpions lol. Give the tubs a light mist twice per week to keep the substrate damp and to give the little guys a drink.

These scorpions are super slow growers but are great, and easy to keep.

Can I be cheeky and ask where you are getting them from??
Back to top Go down
antmac
Centruroides
antmac

PostSubject: Re: Advice on rearing an liocheles politus   Advice on rearing an liocheles politus Empty5/15/2012, 6:47 pm

Hahaha cheers fella that would be why I could not find any think on them lol

The that's fine I've pm'ed you
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: Advice on rearing an liocheles politus   Advice on rearing an liocheles politus Empty5/15/2012, 7:08 pm

Haha don't worry about it.

Good luck with them when they arrive.

It seems that a lot of people who got female I. politus from TSS ended up with babies soon after they arrived.
Back to top Go down
antmac
Centruroides
antmac

PostSubject: Re: Advice on rearing an liocheles politus   Advice on rearing an liocheles politus Empty5/15/2012, 7:22 pm

I think I was just haveing one of those moments hahahaha

Yeh I no that's what I was thinking its just a shame cus I would love to go to someting like that , but my problem is getting there lol

Are those shows normaly good for scorps then?
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: Advice on rearing an liocheles politus   Advice on rearing an liocheles politus Empty5/16/2012, 2:38 am

A bit of a blonde moment aye lol??

Getting where? TSS is the spider shop. Another blonde moment haha Very Happy??

But shows are good, I went to the BTS last year and that was huge. If you like T's it's great but unfortunately it was lacking on the scorpion front. Hopefully this year will be a bit better for them, TSS has got some interesting stuff in anyway.
Back to top Go down
antmac
Centruroides
antmac

PostSubject: Re: Advice on rearing an liocheles politus   Advice on rearing an liocheles politus Empty5/16/2012, 2:48 am

Lol yeh I was in the middle of a 12 hour night shift lol

Is there any chance you could email me pics of your set up for the I.politus please?

I ent too keen I ts but I might have to get to the next one, just for the experience lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on rearing an liocheles politus   Advice on rearing an liocheles politus Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice on rearing an liocheles politus
Page 1 of 1