The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

one of my emps is looking a little off! help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2012-03-26

one of my emps is looking a little off! help Empty
PostSubject: one of my emps is looking a little off! help   one of my emps is looking a little off! help Empty5/2/2012, 1:03 pm

help! pics to come, so i have 3 emps , 2 females one male, one of the females seems to be slow, the side, the white part, forgot what thats called, seems to have an even whiter growth or something on it, her pinchers seem to be skinny and have an indent on them, she isn't as fat as the others she is smaller then the others. i don't know what to do, should i remove the other two and see if she is eating? should i just leave her alone with the others? please help, i will post pics later in the day as it is hard to describe, thanks all ( all emps are adults)
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: one of my emps is looking a little off! help   one of my emps is looking a little off! help Empty5/2/2012, 2:18 pm

White part on the sides is the pleural membrane of the scorpion.
Since they are all adults and you have been housing them communally. They would have already mated as and when they desire and if the female is not already gravid.

one of my emps is looking a little off! help Pandinus_imperator_030512_pic_1

Also, if i'm not wrong, you have gotten them as adults? If they had already been housed communally from the store/ dealer, there's quite a high chance that females are already impregnated. Not to mention if they were wild-caught specimens.

The whiter part you observed on the pleural membrane could be the embryos and do note that when a female is gravid, it is usually accompanied by other "signs".

Bottom-line, my advice as follows:

1. Remove the other two just in case she decides to "pop" soon
2. Keep her adequately warm and humid (around 80-90F and 75-80% humidity)
3. Reduce feeding to one head-crushed cricket/roach once every 1-2 weeks. Remove feeder immediately if it was not taken by the very next day
4. Keep her water dish filled at all times as you already were

Let me us if you need any clarifications or if you have further enquires.

Regards,
GS

Last edited by GS on 5/2/2012, 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added pic demostration)
Back to top Go down
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

PostSubject: Re: one of my emps is looking a little off! help   one of my emps is looking a little off! help Empty5/2/2012, 2:28 pm

thank you! but the site parts are normal except for a ..... size portion ( as long as the periods) it seems to be white yellow i will post pics, she is skinnier then the other two so I'm not sure if she is pregnant, i bought all three from a breeder i picked the three out from a bin of about 50 emps
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: one of my emps is looking a little off! help   one of my emps is looking a little off! help Empty5/2/2012, 2:37 pm

"Hearing" good..
Wait till the pictures are up then i'll say "looking good" Very Happy

Btw, i've added a pic on my earlier post for demonstrative purpose.
Back to top Go down
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

PostSubject: Re: one of my emps is looking a little off! help   one of my emps is looking a little off! help Empty5/2/2012, 2:47 pm

it doesn't look like that at all Sad i wish it did, then i would be happy not worried! ill post pics up as soon as i get home... in 5-6 hours
Back to top Go down
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

PostSubject: Re: one of my emps is looking a little off! help   one of my emps is looking a little off! help Empty5/2/2012, 11:17 pm

one of my emps is looking a little off! help Babyph10

one of my emps is looking a little off! help Mail11

one of my emps is looking a little off! help Mail-111

one of my emps is looking a little off! help Mail-211

i circled the thing I'm talking about in two of the images, it is yellowish and sticks out of her side, i don't know what it is
Back to top Go down
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

PostSubject: Re: one of my emps is looking a little off! help   one of my emps is looking a little off! help Empty5/2/2012, 11:19 pm

sorry that only one of the pictures is big I'm not sure why all of them are not big like the first one
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: one of my emps is looking a little off! help   one of my emps is looking a little off! help Empty5/3/2012, 2:11 am

The "white protruding" part does not seems natural and it might be due to an injury.

Depending on the severity and possible infection which she may be exposed to, she could be living well with it and it shouldn't be bothering her.

A possible reason which caused the injury might be due to the over-crowding living condition which she was in before.

As for the concern on the slowness, it depends. As long she's not dragging her tail across the substrate, she "still".. could be working on a possible gestation Smile
You've gotten a positive ID on her sexing right?
Back to top Go down
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

PostSubject: Re: one of my emps is looking a little off! help   one of my emps is looking a little off! help Empty5/3/2012, 4:58 pm

she isn't dragging her tail, should i remove the male? and leave her with the other female, yes i got them sexed
thanks for your help
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: one of my emps is looking a little off! help   one of my emps is looking a little off! help Empty5/3/2012, 10:58 pm

No prob Smile

If the tank you are using now to house these three adults is large enough (e.g. 15 gallon and above) with ample hides, there is no need to separate her from the pack yet.. at least before she is as "FAT" as the one i posted earlier.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

PostSubject: Re: one of my emps is looking a little off! help   one of my emps is looking a little off! help Empty5/4/2012, 4:44 pm

thanks the other female is getting fat her back plates are starting to separate Smile but the other female who is injured is doing ok, moving around and such Smile I'm going to add more hides, they have a few but just to make sure ill add more, they have about as much floor space as a 20 gallon but I'm tinkling or moving them to an enclosure to twice that size

at what point if they are both pregnant should i remove the male? and do i have to separate the two females from each other if they are pregnant?
thanks GS ur so helpful!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: one of my emps is looking a little off! help   one of my emps is looking a little off! help Empty5/4/2012, 5:10 pm

I'd remove the male when the females start looking fairly fat. Yes, you should separate the two females when they are gravid, as there could be some potential aggression between them. (Particularly towards the end of the gestation, and after they give birth.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

PostSubject: Re: one of my emps is looking a little off! help   one of my emps is looking a little off! help Empty5/4/2012, 7:18 pm

thank you !!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: one of my emps is looking a little off! help   one of my emps is looking a little off! help Empty5/6/2012, 2:37 am

You're welcome Smile

Scorpion19981000 has spoken my views.

Gd luck & keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one of my emps is looking a little off! help   one of my emps is looking a little off! help Empty

Back to top Go down

one of my emps is looking a little off! help
Page 1 of 1