The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Pandinus imperator

Go down 
+2
*~BEX~*
jteal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jteal
Pandinus
jteal

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty5/18/2011, 3:46 pm

This is William and Harriett. I've had William for about 2 years and Harriett for almost a year. About a month ago William suddenly died for no apparent reason, well not apparent at the time. Pandinus imperator Gedc0210
Back to top Go down
jteal
Pandinus
jteal

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty5/18/2011, 3:47 pm

Just today I woke up and to my surprise saw this. Smile Pandinus imperator Scorpl10
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty5/18/2011, 3:50 pm

well that prly explains the death then congrats Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty5/18/2011, 5:34 pm

lol gz looks like grandpa was still potent
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
jteal
Pandinus
jteal

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty5/19/2011, 10:42 am

Quote :
lol gz looks like grandpa was still potent

Haha....yea my roomies were just sayin the night before that poor William died without ever getting laid! Evidently oh boy still had it in him! 14 in all! Way to go William! Smile

Pandinus imperator Finish10
Back to top Go down
cbohn
Pandinus
cbohn

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty6/14/2011, 3:40 am

one of my emps had babies about a month ago and everything is going great. i had the mother in a ten gal with another emp but seperated them because of the babies. now the babies have their own custom tank but i can figure out how to put the other adult scorp in the ten gallon with the mother. no matter what i do they are super aggresive with each other. i feel like i tried every thing. any help would be greatly appreatied
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty6/14/2011, 4:14 am

cheers

Feed them till they cant walk anymore... Try again then?
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty6/14/2011, 7:06 am

Totally agree with pluto on this.
This is what i'll do as well.. there's always a couple of lateralis in my AFS communal tank roaming around.. uneaten Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty6/14/2011, 8:50 am

Ye it works for me and I keep all andro and Parabuthus together without casualties.
Maybe rearranging their habitat might aid too. This way they will be focused on exploring and will not have the time, stamina nor territorial drift to have a go at each other. That with being well fed, there is no chance that they will attack each other unless you have drugged them, or have scorp-gremlin hybrids.

Back to top Go down
cbohn
Pandinus
cbohn

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty6/15/2011, 4:17 am

im going to have them tested for performing enhancing drugs then. i feed then every day. to tell u the truth their getting fat ( which im not a fan of) and no matter what as soon as i put them together they run to each other and start fighting. im going to rearrang the tank agin and try acouple more times. if it doesnt work out im just going to try ang find a buyer for one along with the babies.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty6/15/2011, 4:23 am

how big is the tank and size difference between both of them? Maybe give the mother some time to accustom not having babies around so she gets out of def. mode

also if he grabs her pinchers he is not attacking her but trying to mate.
Back to top Go down
cbohn
Pandinus
cbohn

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty6/15/2011, 4:33 am

the tank is a ten gal. they are both the same size. i have given her alot of time by herself. about a month not counting the times i tried to put them together. they are both females. i seen scorp sex before. this is an all out battle. id like to keep both but i think it would be stupid to have two seperste tanks for the same type of scorp if i dont have to. btw how do i get a picture on my profile?
Back to top Go down
jteal
Pandinus
jteal

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty6/18/2011, 11:18 am

So....this may be a bit off topic but I have updates on babies! Smile They're doing great and so is mom! Some these you kinda have to be there to appreciate but oh well. Here ya go!
Mama Feeding Babies
Pandinus imperator Mama_f11
Feuding over Food
Pandinus imperator Feudin10
Monkey See...Monkey Do. LMAO
Pandinus imperator Monkey10
Mama Preparing Dinner
Pandinus imperator Mama_p10
The Nab
Pandinus imperator The_na10
The Sting
Pandinus imperator The_st10
Drowning his Victim
Pandinus imperator Drowni10
Poor guy fell in...lol....to which I rescued both. Smile
Pandinus imperator Poor_g10
Meal Time!
Pandinus imperator Meal_t10
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty6/18/2011, 12:06 pm

Those small ones attack the worms solo? THey really are nasty!
Back to top Go down
skribbletron
Pandinus
skribbletron

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty6/19/2011, 2:31 pm

If you're using a 20 gallon tank, you could always put a divider in it, this way you don't have to get a separate tank. and if anything there was the mention of feeding them until they can't eat anymore. I gave my Imperator a juvenile mouse and he chowed down for about 14 hours on it and he hasn't been hungry for about 3 days now (and his tank also serves as the home of his crickets he eats i throw a dozen in at a time) and he seldomly moves out of his hiding spot to run to the water dish.. anywho, with a divider, you could always remove it from time to time and see if you can reintroduce her that way. this way you don't have to buy an extra tank for nothing.
Back to top Go down
jteal
Pandinus
jteal

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty7/2/2011, 9:09 am

My babies are molting!!!! Stoked! Smile
Pandinus imperator Molt10
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty7/2/2011, 9:44 am

I already get a hardon (pardon my language) when my grashoppers moult, so I am enjoying your p's moulting from a distance too :-)
Back to top Go down
jteal
Pandinus
jteal

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty11/1/2011, 5:04 am

So it's been a while since I've updated, Mama and the kids are still doing great. Recently re-introduced the babies to mama and watched to make sure she didn't freak out. Thankfully she acted as if they never left, cuddled right up with em. So the tank I had them in was becoming a humidity issue, so I gave them an extreme home makeover. Smile Here's a few of the most recent pics. Also, sadly I lost 2...one drowned and the other had some issues molting the second time, I still say 12 out of 14 is still good.

Pandinus imperator Gedc0410
Pandinus imperator Gedc0411
Pandinus imperator Gedc0412
Pandinus imperator Gedc0413
Pandinus imperator Gedc0414
Pandinus imperator Gedc0415
Back to top Go down
jteal
Pandinus
jteal

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty3/18/2012, 11:41 pm

Update on the kiddos! I am now down to 12. Sad Lost another to a bad molt...poor thing had its pincer bent backward after the molt and it stayed like that, unfortunately it couldn't feed itself either and the next morning was completely limp. But the others are doing rather well. Here's a few pics taken yesterday. Enjoy!
This is the poor guy that had a bad molt. Sad
Pandinus imperator Gedc0512
3rd Instar-A few really need to molt...starting to get to fat. LOL
[img]Pandinus imperator 2nd_in10[/img]
[img]Pandinus imperator 3rd_in10[/img]
[img]Pandinus imperator 4th_in10[/img]
[img]Pandinus imperator Momma_10[/img]
4th Instar-Just after molt. Biggest so far He's/She's a Beast.
[img]Pandinus imperator Gedc0511[/img]
Back to top Go down
jteal
Pandinus
jteal

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty4/24/2013, 11:03 am

Holy Crap it's been awhile! So out of 16 babies I am now left with my single Emperor from the original batch. Great News!!!! She just molted for the last time!!! She made it to become a full adult! From scorpling to fully mature I'm pretty stoked! Smile Enjoy
[img]Pandinus imperator Gedc0610[/img]
[img]Pandinus imperator Gedc0611[/img]
[img]Pandinus imperator Gedc0612[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty

Back to top Go down

Pandinus imperator
Page 1 of 1