The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!

Go down 
+4
*Connie*
Rasputin
Mr. Mordax
~Abyss~
8 posters
AuthorMessage

I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty
PostSubject: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty5/23/2008, 9:58 pm

How about a section for common scorpion related problems and solutions, then sub sections for specific problems such as mycosis, bleeding wounds, missing limbs, fungus in the tank or whatever... and maybe a definitions section for questions such as... "I got white jumpy things in my tank what are they" /springtail pics, description and definition section/ "what are rollie polies" / isopod pics, definition and description.

This is just a loose scattering of a thought I was tossing around (during some of the tossing pieces got stuck to the wall) and I would like to get thought on developing a purposful structure.

Michael
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty5/23/2008, 10:08 pm

If you can come up with some structure to that idea on how you propose it should be done than I guess I will have to say YES. I like the idea. Me and Mike created a definition of common word in the hobby that we havent gotten around to updating maybe we can add that there. I don't think a subforum is neccesary though maybe a sticky?
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty5/23/2008, 10:10 pm

Yeah, I was just thinking of mine and Eddy's glossary -- maybe post it as a sticky in the "general scorpion" forum. I like the idea of having pictures for the "mite" questions.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty5/23/2008, 10:39 pm

I like Michael's idea and my vote would be to put it in the Learning The Hobby subforum as a problems and solutions section
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty5/23/2008, 10:42 pm

I like that idea check out the word list
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty5/24/2008, 1:04 am

like the idea too Very Happy
xxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty5/24/2008, 12:03 pm

Good call, Ras -- I hadn't even thought of that location.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty5/24/2008, 1:52 pm

Ecstasy wrote:
if your scorps bleeding put super glue in the wound, itll stop the bleeding, or dirt. and white jumpy things sound like pinhead crickets lol.

I think you missed the point of the thread
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty5/24/2008, 10:38 pm

I thought he was contributing to the list . . . scratch
Back to top Go down
jmoran1097
Hadogenes
jmoran1097

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty5/27/2008, 12:15 am

honestly, i think it's a great idea, but I think most of this forum needs to be cleaned up. i have to scroll for at least a minute to get to the bottom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/moranspace
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty5/27/2008, 1:09 am

jmoran1097 wrote:
honestly, i think it's a great idea, but I think most of this forum needs to be cleaned up. i have to scroll for at least a minute to get to the bottom.

use the search option then
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty5/27/2008, 2:37 am

Some things have been condensed from the original version, and a few things that we thought deserved their own sections had been expanded.

The forum actually got a bit of a cleanup a few months ago, and we ran the design by the members before finalizing it.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty5/27/2008, 4:41 pm

J, if you have some ideas toss them our way.
Back to top Go down
jmoran1097
Hadogenes
jmoran1097

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty5/29/2008, 10:41 am

Rasputin wrote:
jmoran1097 wrote:

use the search option then

that will do little to nothing to solve my problem.

iheartmantids: this was the cleaned up version? i've been on message boards that are straight and to the point. i think that a lot of this could be condensed even further.

j'sayin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/moranspace
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty5/29/2008, 1:38 pm

Theres a lot of thing here that we find neccesary. I think the people on this forum know each other a little better becasuse of the comunity section. But all scorpion relater material is on the top for easy viewing.
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty6/4/2008, 2:12 pm

what about some form of database of species and what location they can be found in something a bit like redtox.org i think that would be quite a usefull tool especially for the people out there that hunt for scorps lol
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty6/4/2008, 2:20 pm

KAri's page has something similar. BUt to gather all that information might prove to be difficult.
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty6/4/2008, 2:25 pm

no doubt about it im sure it would be quite the epic task, but reading through these bords we have sum amazingly intelligent people and im sure if everyone helped and along with the internet aswell, we could soon have something like it up and running Smile
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty6/4/2008, 2:31 pm

Well you can check out ScorpionPedia in our portal.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty6/4/2008, 2:44 pm

yeah, we've been working on that idea with the scorpopedia - it's one of my sig bars. I haven't been on there lately but I've been all over the place with personal stuff to be able to sit down to it
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty6/4/2008, 2:57 pm

kool
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty6/4/2008, 3:21 pm

A debate forum
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty6/4/2008, 4:03 pm

a debate forum could be fun but at the same time could cause problems, however saying that i guess the whole point of a forum is to debate certain things
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!   I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss! Empty

Back to top Go down

I was Just tossing this idea around in my head... There is alot of room to toss!
Page 1 of 1