The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Quick Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lmiller
Centruroides
lmiller

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-11-22

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Quick Question   Quick Question Empty1/7/2012, 7:03 pm

Ok this kind of freaked me out, earlier today I looked in my Flat Rock enclosure and saw what I assumed to be my gravid female stuck in between some slats, like trying to move but going nowhere. So I lifted one corner of the rock and slid a piece under it. She moved. But tonight I looked in there to see if she was ok, and there is a big wet spot under her. And its like shes spreading it out? Did her water break? She is standing up off the slate.
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question Empty1/7/2012, 8:04 pm

Although I can't speak for this species specifically because I've never owned one but I don't think a Scorpions 'water breaks'. They're quite different internally from mammals. However some signs that she might be ready to deliver would be

Increased Aggression
Refusal of food/water

If she has any tank mates I advise separating her or them. Usually what I do is move the momma to the babies enclosure. Once she has nurtured them to the point they venture off on their own, I simply put her back in the old enclosure with a new design. I've never seen any of my Scorps deliver out in the open though.

Are you sure she is gravid? Sometimes you can see the embryos through the membrane.
Back to top Go down
lmiller
Centruroides
lmiller

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question Empty1/7/2012, 8:48 pm

I understand that they more than likely dont have a water sack to break, but there is no explanation as to the water spot under her. Its 84 degrees and 63% humidity. I havent misted in about 4 days. There is no other water supply in there. As she was sitting there I looked and there was a water droplet coming from her to the slate rock shes sitting on. about 2/3 of the way down her belly.
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t7741-my-scorpions

Thats the most recent pic of her same as in my profile pic. Just larger.
Back to top Go down
lmiller
Centruroides
lmiller

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question Empty1/9/2012, 12:02 pm

Well she has disappeared, shes completely hidden from view. Im sorry to all if I sounded like a fool. I just couldnt come up with an excuse as to where all the wetness came from. And I still cant..... Seemed to be waaaaay to much for a pee. So I will let her be. If she has babys, cool. If she doesnt, then thats cool too. All I know is she is alot fatter than when I got her 11 months ago. Wider and Thicker.
So if I acted like an expectant father, muh baaaad.
Back to top Go down
Den
Babycurus
Den

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question Empty1/9/2012, 2:05 pm

To tell you the truth i'd be thinking damage rather than breaking water.....You mention she was trapped between some slats and couldn't get out....she may have damaged herself and the water you see is her own bodily fluids...At the least i'd examine her, checking for puncture wounds....because as you said yourself, the fluid had to come from somewhere!

Back to top Go down
lmiller
Centruroides
lmiller

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question Empty1/9/2012, 3:48 pm

Thats what I dont get, she acted trapped. Was like she was walking and not going anywhere. So I lifted the corner and she turned around in a circle, and just did her thing. And that was in the early hours of the day. Yesterday She was still sitting there so I figured id give her a partially dead superworm, I crushed it on purpose, and she shoved it off the edge of the rock pile. She wasnt leaking that that time and now shes tucked up under some more rocks. I turned the tank so I could look in and she scooted farther back into the pile. So im guessing I should get her out and look or.......? And from the fluid being there she hasnt went down in size.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question Empty1/10/2012, 12:26 pm

hmmm weird one, the only explanation unless somehow there was water from misting under the slate would be damage, id be tempted to get her out and take a look but thats up to you really, best way would be to pop her into a glass just to check underneath
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question Empty1/10/2012, 12:27 pm

ive read that people have sucsefully used flour to stop a "bleed" they need this as their fluid will not congeal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question   Quick Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Question
Page 1 of 1