The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpderp25
Hadogenes
Scorpderp25

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-12-27

Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty
PostSubject: Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)   Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty12/31/2011, 5:48 pm

Well we got payed early so i went and got the scorpion today. It was funny though because the pet shop was closed and the people were just about to leave but they let us in anyways to get it. Also should i post pics of her now or later when shes not stressed out. i Figured now just to hurry up and do it? what should i do?
Back to top Go down
lmiller
Centruroides
lmiller

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)   Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty12/31/2011, 5:59 pm

Show us a pic. Its like havin a baby...... post em already.
Back to top Go down
Scorpderp25
Hadogenes
Scorpderp25

PostSubject: Re: Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)   Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty12/31/2011, 6:13 pm

Ummmm i cant seem to post them i dont know how on this website?
Back to top Go down
lmiller
Centruroides
lmiller

PostSubject: Re: Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)   Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty12/31/2011, 6:22 pm

Save the pic as a jpeg and click on the image link in your message box find it, host it, copy the link and paste it in the message. Thats how I have to do it.
Back to top Go down
Scorpderp25
Hadogenes
Scorpderp25

PostSubject: Re: Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)   Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty12/31/2011, 6:36 pm

Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Snapsh13 her Belly really bad pic.

Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Snapsh14me holding her on my jacket because im still afraid to have her on my hand

Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Snapsh15Her cage ill take better pics of it later!
Back to top Go down
lmiller
Centruroides
lmiller

PostSubject: Re: Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)   Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty12/31/2011, 6:45 pm

Awesome. My wife held hers for the first time today, if she can do it anyone can lol. Just move slowly and itll crawl right onto your hand. Mine seem to want to stay on my hand because ive always got to tail them back into the tank.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)   Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty12/31/2011, 7:07 pm

Scorpderp25 wrote:
me holding her on my jacket because im still afraid to have her on my hand
Laughing Holding a emp is not that bad. Have you seen GS? He seems to enjoy holding Androctonus, Parabuthus, and LQs more than emps. Congrats on the scorp by the way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Scorpderp25
Hadogenes
Scorpderp25

PostSubject: Re: Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)   Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty12/31/2011, 7:12 pm

Thanks. I know there easy to hold i just dont know if im allergic to there sting im not allergic to bee stings so probaly not but still i dont want to have to wrap up my hand because im bleeding out or [hopscotch]
Back to top Go down
lmiller
Centruroides
lmiller

PostSubject: Re: Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)   Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty12/31/2011, 7:20 pm

Know whats funny? Im highly allergic to bee stings, if I eat a shrimp my throat will swell up and ill die without medical attention. Hasnt stopped me from holding mine. Probably should, but hasnt.
Back to top Go down
Scorpderp25
Hadogenes
Scorpderp25

PostSubject: Re: Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)   Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty12/31/2011, 7:31 pm

Also do they have a feeding behavior and is it bad for the coco fiber to stick to them?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)   Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty12/31/2011, 7:53 pm

As far as I know, I have never heard of someone being allergic to scorpion stings. I know someone who is allergic to bee stings, but not scorpion stings. (He found that out when he got stung by a C. vittatus) It's possible, of course, but I don't think it has ever happend. If you know of someone who is allergic, then let me know.

The worst thing my emp did to me was to grab my hand with it's chela. (It's burrow had just collapsed on it, so it was pissed off.) The pinch was surpisingly strong, and it was painful for a few minutes. But really, emps are completely harmless.

Don't worry if the coco fiber is sticking to her. She will clean it off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
lmiller
Centruroides
lmiller

PostSubject: Re: Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)   Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty12/31/2011, 9:38 pm

I wasnt sure but I wasnt not sure either. Kind of comforting to know that there isnt any relationship in the sting to make me allergic. Either way it was a chance I was going to take. Ands ill let you know if I get stung but I doubt mine will sting.
Back to top Go down
Ludedor24
Babycurus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)   Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty1/1/2012, 4:30 pm

Scorpion19981000 wrote:
As far as I know, I have never heard of someone being allergic to scorpion stings. I know someone who is allergic to bee stings, but not scorpion stings. (He found that out when he got stung by a C. vittatus) It's possible, of course, but I don't think it has ever happend. If you know of someone who is allergic, then let me know.

You also have to take into account the amount of bee stings in the general population in relation to the amount of scorpion stings. Im sure at least half if not more of people who keep scorpions have been stung and they are in contact with them all the time.
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)   Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty1/1/2012, 4:56 pm

There is no case on any medical record of anyone suffering an allergic reaction to scorpion venom.
That doesn't mean i pick up my scorpions though, for there sake more than my own.
Back to top Go down
Ludedor24
Babycurus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)   Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty1/1/2012, 6:27 pm

"Scorpions. Thousands of people are stung by scorpions
each year. For example, in Arizona, excluding Maricopa
County (the greater Phoenix area), there were 4655 scorpion
stings reported over a 2-year period (2002–2004) (27).
Fatalities are rare but have occurred. Five deaths from
scorpion stings were recorded in the United States from
1950–1954, one of which appeared to be an anaphylacticlike
reaction (75). In Arizona, death from an anaphylacticlike
reaction was reported in 2001, the first fatality from a
scorpion sting in that state in 36 years (76)."

Page 152 http://urban.ucr.edu/Animal%20bites%20%20stings.pdf

Who knows if it was really an allergic reation or not but to make a blanket statement that no one anywhere ever has is absurd. In most cases as long as it is not life threatening( not all reactions are deadly) im sure no one is writing a document about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)   Yay I got Her!!! (pics?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Yay I got Her!!! (pics?)
Page 1 of 1