The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

A nice surprise - my first brood

Go down 
+7
Annababe
tfleming
**GS**
Den
Ludedor24
Bedlam
DolbyR
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Den
Babycurus
Den

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2011-10-27

A nice surprise - my first brood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A nice surprise - my first brood   A nice surprise - my first brood - Page 3 Empty4/3/2012, 10:47 am

Quote :
Unfortunately lost 2 this weeks, so I'm down to 21. Not sure what was the reason for these 2 to die, moisture, ventilation and temps are fine.
I did have an accident with a can of self-defense "pepper-spray" in my living room, so that could be a possibility.

I'd be more inclined to think genetics Dolby....They are not clones so there must be some genetic diversity...They can't all be strong....We see this to with moulting...Scorpions born on the same day usually start out with moulting within a few days of each other but as they get older the time difference between same age scorpions moulting can be quite significant.....despite being brought up in identical containers with identical environment and diet .. For me this suggests a certain amount of genetic diversity so perhaps the few that died had nothing to do with your pepper spray accident but instead had to do with their particular genetic makeup.

Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: A nice surprise - my first brood   A nice surprise - my first brood - Page 3 Empty4/4/2012, 3:09 am

I entirely agree with your point of view.
I would say in this case it would be not higher that a 10% chance that the pepper-spray would have something to do with the deaths.

As far as I know, it's just a concentrate from chili peppers, although it does have an irritating effect in the lungs/eyes of humans and dogs, mostlz giving us the feeling it burns (believe me, it does burn Very Happy ) I believe scorpions can tolerate it without major problems, and I doubt it has something that would actually be toxic to them.

My german sucks these days, but the can says "Mit natürlichem hochaggressivem pfefferkonzentrat"
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Den
Babycurus
Den

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: A nice surprise - my first brood   A nice surprise - my first brood - Page 3 Empty4/4/2012, 4:22 am

Quote :
Mit natürlichem hochaggressivem pfefferkonzentrat

With naturally virulent (highly aggressive) pepper concentrate Wink

Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: A nice surprise - my first brood   A nice surprise - my first brood - Page 3 Empty4/4/2012, 4:24 am

Thought it would be something similar, but not using german for 10 years have made me forget everything learned in school Smile

Thanks Den!
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A nice surprise - my first brood   A nice surprise - my first brood - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A nice surprise - my first brood
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3