The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this

Go down 
+3
Streettrash
pluto
Annababe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this Empty
PostSubject: Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this   Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this Empty8/19/2011, 3:14 pm

Hey all.

Wasn't sure what area to put this question in, but I'm curious.

Do any of you change the water out in your scorpions water dishes, and if so, how often?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this   Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this Empty8/19/2011, 3:26 pm

If you have a tropical one, just poor some more water with the old water so it overflows, moistening your substrate, and having fresh water in the dish. I wouldnt really change it unless you can see, its not healthy anymore

:-)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this   Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this Empty8/19/2011, 3:33 pm

Ok thanks Pluto.

I'm thinking I need to cuz the straw method for the baby crickets worked and when I looked this morning there they were floating in the water, but I didn't have time this morning, so I'll do it tonight. Maybe regularly would be good in such a humid environment too I'm thinking. Water tends to get a little slimy when it sits............
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this   Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this Empty8/19/2011, 4:03 pm

I do a full water change about once every couple weeks. If it gets looking stagnant...
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this   Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this Empty8/19/2011, 5:49 pm

Streettrash wrote:
I do a full water change about once every couple weeks. If it gets looking stagnant...

+1

I do it when the water is getting low as well.
Back to top Go down
tdark1
Centruroides
tdark1

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this   Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this Empty8/19/2011, 9:47 pm

Deserts I offer water every 3 weeks. Tropical species get their bowls cleaned/disinfected with a diluted chlorhexidine solution (its the blue stuff that vets use to disinfect) and their bowls are topped every 2-3 days or so...

Cheers,

Rob

P.S. - I came from reptiles to inverts, so I might be a little anal on cleaning etc...
Back to top Go down
ukeaddictify
Pandinus
ukeaddictify

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this   Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this Empty11/12/2011, 11:32 pm

my centruroides (4) will empty their water dish more in one day...during the winter time ....even though i have heat on them... why is this?

is it true that they like swimming?? would that explain why they always make such a mess around their water dish??

Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this   Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this Empty11/13/2011, 8:13 am

Hmnn.. I don't understand your first question. Care to rephrase?

As for the second, some scorpions do clean themselves or prefer the humidity right above the water dish. Getting the water dirty might be unavoidable in such scenarios.

On other occasions, some scorpions do climb the side/ corner of the enclosure walls, when the water dish is placed in such location (e.g. right at the corner), the water dish will be "polluted" as well. This is more obvious in enclosures belong to bark or forest scorpions. Personally, to counter this, i place water dish in strategic locations.. E.g. With a 4-5cm clearance from the walls.. Or on top of a piece of bark which is placed horizontally.

Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this   Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this Empty

Back to top Go down

Water Dish Changes - Not sure where to put this
Page 1 of 1