The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

problem with my p.trans 5i

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cheeeeese
Pandinus
cheeeeese

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-08-10

problem with my p.trans 5i Empty
PostSubject: problem with my p.trans 5i   problem with my p.trans 5i Empty8/10/2011, 8:53 pm

okay.. it all started when i bought the scorpion as a 4i. it was in a cup with sand and it is on premolt. after it molted, it is so big for the cup so i transfered it on a larger container.. with sand and cocopeat substrate(mix).. then a week after i noticed it has mites on the enclo (maybe i think i put a waterdish on it).. so i changed the substrate to pure cocopeat (im planning to buy sand)..im about to sleep when i noticed a chak-a-chak-a-chak sound from the container.. i think the p.trans is trying to climb the enclosure.. Shocked

is it because of the substrate? shall i buy sand now? Rolling Eyes

sorry for the english and the long story..
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: problem with my p.trans 5i   problem with my p.trans 5i Empty8/10/2011, 9:09 pm

Sometimes they just climb. Is the coco fiber wet?
Back to top Go down
cheeeeese
Pandinus
cheeeeese

PostSubject: Re: problem with my p.trans 5i   problem with my p.trans 5i Empty8/10/2011, 9:18 pm

Streettrash wrote:
Sometimes they just climb. Is the coco fiber wet?

nope its super dry. since i transfered it the third time i didnt put any waterdish. its the 3rd day now.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: problem with my p.trans 5i   problem with my p.trans 5i Empty8/10/2011, 9:51 pm

I wouldn't worry too much. Is it still eating? Did you raise the temperature recently?
Back to top Go down
cheeeeese
Pandinus
cheeeeese

PostSubject: Re: problem with my p.trans 5i   problem with my p.trans 5i Empty8/10/2011, 9:57 pm

so its still okay? yes it eats.. Smile shall i change the substrate to sand?
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: problem with my p.trans 5i   problem with my p.trans 5i Empty8/10/2011, 10:03 pm

As long as it's dry it won't be too much trouble. Sand would be better, but it's not going to kill your scorpion to be on dry coco. When mine are nearing a molt I do add a bit of coco fiber to a spot and mist it for the humidity bump. It holds moisture better than sand.
Back to top Go down
cheeeeese
Pandinus
cheeeeese

PostSubject: Re: problem with my p.trans 5i   problem with my p.trans 5i Empty8/11/2011, 12:53 am

Streettrash wrote:
As long as it's dry it won't be too much trouble. Sand would be better, but it's not going to kill your scorpion to be on dry coco. When mine are nearing a molt I do add a bit of coco fiber to a spot and mist it for the humidity bump. It holds moisture better than sand.

thank you sir! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: problem with my p.trans 5i   problem with my p.trans 5i Empty8/11/2011, 3:44 am

Street is right and a good way of promoting a good moult.

I have sand mixed with small amounts of diluted clay. They have burrowed into it and I wet one end of their burrow when i think they're gong to moult (i4 now).

It works too. If you use sand, use fine sand.. They prefer softer surfaces to walk onto...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
cheeeeese
Pandinus
cheeeeese

PostSubject: Re: problem with my p.trans 5i   problem with my p.trans 5i Empty8/11/2011, 4:26 am

pluto wrote:
Street is right and a good way of promoting a good moult.

I have sand mixed with small amounts of diluted clay. They have burrowed into it and I wet one end of their burrow when i think they're gong to moult (i4 now).

It works too. If you use sand, use fine sand.. They prefer softer surfaces to walk onto...

thanks sir! ill change the substrate when i have time. thank you
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: problem with my p.trans 5i   problem with my p.trans 5i Empty8/11/2011, 10:44 am

Welcome anytime. I like the Sir thing, makes me feel important! But its just Sam or Irapesheep or Pluto. No problem :-)
Back to top Go down
cheeeeese
Pandinus
cheeeeese

PostSubject: Re: problem with my p.trans 5i   problem with my p.trans 5i Empty8/12/2011, 8:07 pm

pluto wrote:
Welcome anytime. I like the Sir thing, makes me feel important! But its just Sam or Irapesheep or Pluto. No problem :-)

Well Sir Pluto sounds better.. Very Happy thank you Sir Pluto and Sir Street!
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: problem with my p.trans 5i   problem with my p.trans 5i Empty8/12/2011, 9:02 pm

Indeed sir cheeeeese!
Back to top Go down
tdark1
Centruroides
tdark1

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-07-25

PostSubject: Re: problem with my p.trans 5i   problem with my p.trans 5i Empty8/13/2011, 12:57 am

I use (estimating) 65% fine sand and 35% peat, works perfect for that kind of stuff, just give a spot a bit of water... I personally like the mix of sand/peat better then just sand for desert species! But then again I'm a noob compared to a lot of the members here!
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: problem with my p.trans 5i   problem with my p.trans 5i Empty8/13/2011, 5:52 am

No noobs dude, besides.. it does work what you say. And it is indeed a hell of a lot better than just sand. When having a brood, just having pure sand can put a serious risk about not getting one surviving scorpling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: problem with my p.trans 5i   problem with my p.trans 5i Empty

Back to top Go down

problem with my p.trans 5i
Page 1 of 1