The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

I sure do miss my babies..........RIP

Go down 
+2
Kweegwin
Annababe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Empty
PostSubject: I sure do miss my babies..........RIP   I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Empty8/3/2011, 10:06 pm

I miss my frog babies

Sparky
I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Stuff_12

Yoda
I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Stuff_14

Mordachi and thing 2
I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Stuff_15

Back to top Go down
Kweegwin
Centruroides
Kweegwin

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: I sure do miss my babies..........RIP   I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Empty8/4/2011, 12:34 am

Wicked frogs! ...but what happened to Thing 1?
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: I sure do miss my babies..........RIP   I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Empty8/4/2011, 4:58 am

Your frogs looked awesome. I'm sure they lived great lives.
Back to top Go down
WyattEarp4137
Babycurus
WyattEarp4137

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: I sure do miss my babies..........RIP   I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Empty8/4/2011, 9:19 am

Awwww, sad face. Are they frogs or fire belly toads? They're awesome looking though. I'm sorry you lost them. Sad RIP
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: I sure do miss my babies..........RIP   I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Empty8/4/2011, 10:40 am

Wyatt, fire belly toads are incorrectly named. They're actually frogs. I think their bumpy skin makes them look more
like a toad than a frog, so people just assumed they were toads, thus the name. I hope to get some once my cricket
colony is established.
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

PostSubject: Re: I sure do miss my babies..........RIP   I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Empty8/4/2011, 11:03 am

Kweegwin wrote:
Wicked frogs! ...but what happened to Thing 1?

Thing 1 turned out to be definitely male, so he was renamed to Mordachi by my daughter lol.........we never did determine Thing 2's sex so........she/he just stayed a Thing Smile

Wyatt - the common name is Firebelly Toad and the scientific name is Bombina Orientalis. They are a semi aquatic species.

Shebeen is correct. The firebelly toad is not classified as a bufonidae so can be referred to properly as a frog.

Thanks guys...........I was just missing them. They used to give me hours of entertainment Smile I actually cried when each of them passed (I'm such a wuss LOL)
Back to top Go down
WyattEarp4137
Babycurus
WyattEarp4137

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: I sure do miss my babies..........RIP   I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Empty8/4/2011, 11:10 am

Quote :
Wyatt, fire belly toads are incorrectly named. They're actually frogs. I think their bumpy skin makes them look more
like a toad than a frog, so people just assumed they were toads, thus the name. I hope to get some once my cricket
colony is established.

I stand corrected. Thanks bro! That makes sense actually, I apologize. I used to have a fire belly frog and a fire belly newt. They're awesome little critters. Razz
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: I sure do miss my babies..........RIP   I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Empty8/4/2011, 11:58 am

Anna, I'm sure I'll feel the same way when my African dwarf frogs pass away. In spite of being pretty
much blind and extremely stupid, they're the most entertaining pets I've had. It's surprising how
attached we can get to these little buggers.

Wyatt, no need to apologize. Before I started reading up on them, I thought they were toads as well.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: I sure do miss my babies..........RIP   I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Empty8/4/2011, 12:00 pm

RIP little dudes Sad

my sister has fire belly toads and newts there cool Smile cute little critters she gets mega upset when she looses one Sad
shes also babysitting some tiny mantids which are gorgeous and made me want some lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

PostSubject: Re: I sure do miss my babies..........RIP   I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Empty8/4/2011, 12:37 pm

I think we get upset cuz in the herp world, they are kinda the "fluffy" pet LOL......all cute & squishy................it's easy to love them Smile

I think the newts are cool too, just never had any...................
Back to top Go down
Kweegwin
Centruroides
Kweegwin

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: I sure do miss my babies..........RIP   I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Empty8/4/2011, 12:44 pm

Annababe wrote:
I actually cried when each of them passed (I'm such a wuss LOL)

Estrogen - 1
Anna - 0
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

PostSubject: Re: I sure do miss my babies..........RIP   I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Empty8/4/2011, 12:48 pm

Kweegwin wrote:
Annababe wrote:
I actually cried when each of them passed (I'm such a wuss LOL)

Estrogen - 1
Anna - 0

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I sure do miss my babies..........RIP   I sure do miss my babies..........RIP Empty

Back to top Go down

I sure do miss my babies..........RIP
Page 1 of 1