The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

orthochirus innesi babys

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lweigle
Hadogenes
lweigle

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-06-22

orthochirus innesi babys Empty
PostSubject: orthochirus innesi babys   orthochirus innesi babys Empty6/22/2011, 12:45 am

By the way name is luke im a long time poster on VL and first time poster on scorpion forum. alright so this is what i got for you guys! got this girl in around april of some time dont remember but about 2 weeks ago she dropped me some babys "awsome". in order to heat the adults tank i wanted so serious heat so i used a 50 watt red light bulb that sits on top of the cage this provided enough heat for the mother. (rant alert i have been using heat mats alot and i dont like them they dont provide enough heat for my desert sp of scorpions. the red light seems to work great for the sp that need to be kept hot) this is the cage that the mother is set up in a 2 1/2 gallon tank using excavating sand an with a mixture of normal repti sand orthochirus innesi babys Img_1310
This is the mother a day or two before the birth had occurred orthochirus innesi babys Img_1410
know heres what you want to see
orthochirus innesi babys Img_1610
orthochirus innesi babys Img_1611
orthochirus innesi babys Img_1311
this sp is not easy to breed but even harder to keep the young alive im down to two babys from a broud of 7-8 i lost 4 or so before they were able to go through the first molt and have lost two since then. i do not take credit for breeding them she was simple prego when i got her. don't let the mother drop her young in cage like i did seperat her into a smaller container.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: orthochirus innesi babys   orthochirus innesi babys Empty6/22/2011, 3:10 am

How small are those young? These species are already tiny to start out with, right?
Why do you say to put her into a smaller container?

Isnt it more natural (as far as natural can go within a terrarium) for her to drop them where she lives? She knows the places where to hide or seek less humidity or heat? Handling her while she's dropping doesnt seem healthy to me either.

THis is why I ask, out of curiosity, not to know better...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: orthochirus innesi babys   orthochirus innesi babys Empty6/22/2011, 12:12 pm

could lweigle be advising not to shift the mother with the brood into a separate smaller container(cage) like what he did in the #3 and #4 photo?
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: orthochirus innesi babys   orthochirus innesi babys Empty6/22/2011, 12:14 pm

btw... awesome enclosure!
Just worried about having pregnant mums up on a tall "tree" (photo #2) What a Face
Back to top Go down
lweigle
Hadogenes
lweigle

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-06-22

PostSubject: Re: orthochirus innesi babys   orthochirus innesi babys Empty6/22/2011, 4:16 pm

the reason why i say to put her in a separate encloser before she has dropped is because, when i didnt do that and she gave birth in the encloser she was more than difficult to handle safely for her, the babys, and me. and the reason why i would move her is cause it would be even more difficult to catch the babys in a 2 1/2 gallon encloser once they ran off of the mothers back. and the babys are the size of a small grain of rice it you cut it in thirds.

GS i had no idea that a prego mom would even try and climb the tree when i made the encloser and when i saw her up there i thought great time to take some photos!!!!! she did just find climbing had no idea before that these little guys liked to climb intresting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: orthochirus innesi babys   orthochirus innesi babys Empty

Back to top Go down

orthochirus innesi babys
Page 1 of 1