The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?

Go down 
+27
The-Scorp-Whisperer
The-New-Guy
Nomadinexile
LXDNG79
gromgroms
binksyboy3
H. laoticus
x Mr Awesome x
RyoKenzaki
Bayss
EWom
_scorpio_
MooSmoo
jmoran1097
ManicDan
_Nagash_
bjaeger
CorsePerVita
~Abyss~
thiscordia
Rasputin
Kejser
liette
*Connie*
Mr. Mordax
freeman
Venom
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty
PostSubject: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/9/2008, 10:28 am

Me?
Heater too close cooking them.
That's about it, I learned a lot from the net.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/9/2008, 10:44 am

I took 3 deli cups with I2 P imps outside to show a friend who was coming over to my house... well it was about 90° outside, but inside the sealed cups that were in direct sunlight for 20 minutes or so it was well over 100°... so when I opened them up I saw little rigor mortis corpses in the stilting position all over... lesson learned but I was Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
freeman
Centruroides
freeman

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/9/2008, 10:50 am

um.. i kept 1 of my Hottetotta to humid and that killed her i guess.. that's all so far. i learned my lesson.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/9/2008, 11:18 am

I let some C. hentzi get too dry . . . lost one gravid female and one brood that way. Sad

I think I lost a B. jacksoni from it getting to dry during a molt, too.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/9/2008, 11:31 am

Allowed my fiance to do the mass collection and in the process he squashed one! It still alive actually! in pre moult...but I doubt it will be able to moult properly due to one massive dent in its side
xxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
liette
Centruroides

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/9/2008, 11:54 am

throwing away live Lychas Mucronatus. =.=
Back to top Go down
freeman
Centruroides
freeman

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/9/2008, 12:30 pm

*Connie* wrote:
Allowed my fiance to do the mass collection and in the process he squashed one! It still alive actually! in pre moult...but I doubt it will be able to moult properly due to one massive dent in its side
xxxx

i can tell you that i have two scorps with dents and they are doing fine. one H.h. with birth deformation is molting properly and feeding too. other marure female L.mucronatus is even pregnant. she has masive dents on metasomal segments and telson. she acts normal.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/9/2008, 2:39 pm

liette wrote:

How the h--- did that happen?
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/9/2008, 3:44 pm

Kejser wrote:
liette wrote:

How the h--- did that happen?

remember the dying scorpions? that's the thread he's reffering to.

Liette, they very possibly could have been dead and the display that you witnessed in your replacements is not what your fist batch were doing. don't feel bad.

I got stung once and I had a scorp dessicate - I guess I've been a good keeper
Back to top Go down
thiscordia
Pandinus

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/9/2008, 5:22 pm

My very first scorpion the one who started all a nice big black emp, It look so cool in the white sand Sad

Yes.....my ignorance took away that scorpion's life.

-.Raul
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/9/2008, 5:55 pm

I lost an A. maurt....I know I know...might still be in the house.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Rasputin
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/9/2008, 5:57 pm

~Abyss~ wrote:
I lost an A. maurt....I know I know...might still be in the house.
-Eddy

it's hiding in the boxers on your floor
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/9/2008, 7:56 pm

I wouldn't doubt it.LOL
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/10/2008, 1:36 am

freeman wrote:
*Connie* wrote:
xxxx

i can tell you that i have two scorps with dents and they are doing fine. one H.h. with birth deformation is molting properly and feeding too. other marure female L.mucronatus is even pregnant. she has masive dents on metasomal segments and telson. she acts normal.

oh thats good to know then! I hope the little one can moult but as yours has with dent then im sure my little damaged one will do fine. I do still have my "telsonless two" teeny and tiny who are feeding well *birth defect*

xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/10/2008, 2:29 am

^I know a guy who had a telsonless scorp that is still alive and well, several molts later.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/10/2008, 3:06 am

I have high hopes then since Im sure they can poop! since one had some on his face. NICE! hahaha
xxxx
Back to top Go down
CorsePerVita
Hadogenes
CorsePerVita

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/10/2008, 12:18 pm

My first mistake was assuming emperors liked sand. Wrong terrarium setups, etc...

I had an excellent setup for my P. Boreus when I got him but that was luck. Thankfully I found the scorpion boards at the arachno boards and then found "IHeartMantids" who helped me a TON and then pointed me here and I'm learning more and more every day. It's feeding my fascination with these creatures all the time! Fun!

No way you can get into this hobby and not make some mistakes, it is part of the learning process. It gets better with time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.oo2w.com/site/
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/10/2008, 12:49 pm

Dude, you're embarrassing me! Embarassed

And you can call me Mike. It takes less time to type. Smile
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/10/2008, 10:09 pm

1. Mistook the Emp for a desert species...
2. Kept black light on for long periods of time b/c I thought it looked cool.
3. Put a mouse in.
4. Dropped the hide on my Emp by accident.

errrrr..

Last edited by v3x on 6/1/2008, 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/brandonjaeger
_Nagash_
Centruroides
_Nagash_

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/13/2008, 3:50 am

Gave my M.martensii`s mycosis from to wet substrate. Sad
Back to top Go down
ManicDan
Centruroides
ManicDan

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/15/2008, 10:09 am

Housed a I4 Cavimanus with a I3 Imperator...

Hey.... the petstore said it was fine (we really need that head going into wall from the AB emoticons)

8 days later (about two days after I recieved information on AB that this was a bad idea)... Rabbit was eaten by Tenacious. Atleast I got some good pictures.
Back to top Go down
jmoran1097
Hadogenes
jmoran1097

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty5/25/2008, 1:23 am

accidentally dropping a piece of flat concrete that I was using for my H.Paucidens' enclosure on the scorpion itself. it survived with no damage, but I was so shaken up from doing that. the sand on the concrete made it slip out of my hands while I was removing it from the enclosure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/moranspace
MooSmoo
Hadogenes
MooSmoo

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty6/1/2008, 5:47 pm

Didn't learn enough about matured crickets and put a female in with my lazy emp.. He / she eats like once every 3 weeks and not long after the cricket had been put in there I had lots of tiny little baby crickets
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty6/1/2008, 6:05 pm

Yup. I just did that too, MooSmoo. I buried a film container in the substrate and filled it with water. Now I have a bunch of dead baby crix Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/brandonjaeger
MooSmoo
Hadogenes
MooSmoo

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty6/1/2008, 6:10 pm

v3x wrote:
Yup. I just did that too, MooSmoo. I buried a film container in the substrate and filled it with water. Now I have a bunch of dead baby crix Smile

lol oops, I took all the soil out and tried to keep them alive but I had no idea how and they all died Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?   What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping? Empty

Back to top Go down

What mistakes have YOU done in the art of scorpion keeping?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next