The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
69wishes
Centruroides
69wishes

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-05-23

CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh? Empty
PostSubject: CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh?   CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh? Empty5/24/2011, 8:00 pm

Ok....so I had 6 Bark Scorpions in Captivity.
Key word there being "Had"
The two little ones have been munched,only bits & pieces remain....Obviously I'll keep the littler ones separate next time.
So my question is should I be keeping the adults apart also? So far theyve chosen hiding spots away from eachother....Do they always hang upside down like that? Lol
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh?   CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh? Empty5/24/2011, 10:20 pm

Most of the time Centruroides sp. are pretty communal. The key is to make sure that they are well fed. When I had my little colony of C. sculpturatus going strong I always made sure that they had at least 2 crickets per scorpion, and I did not have any problems with cannibalism. Oh, and I fed the colony once a week.

They do seem to like being upside down don't they?

Best of luck!!
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh?   CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh? Empty5/25/2011, 12:18 am

Animals of different sizes usually prey on each other. If you keep the adults together, you shouldnt be having problems. Put babies in there, and they think its crickets
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh?   CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh? Empty5/25/2011, 9:44 am

Yes, they do that(hanging) very often. Guess you've seen the "ambush from above" ? Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh?   CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh? Empty5/25/2011, 12:13 pm

Adults are communal, juveniles not so much.

Also, "bark scorpion" can refer to a handful of genera containing a few hundred species. I'm guessing whatever you've got is Centruroides sp. based on where you live, and either C. vittatus or C. sculpturatus. I'm sure we'll put the confusion to rest once you get your pics up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
69wishes
Centruroides
69wishes

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh?   CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh? Empty5/25/2011, 9:55 pm

Evening Mr.Mordax & Gang,
Pretty sure its C. sculpturatus.....I finally got the PhotoBucket Link up under the "Scorpion Id"post!
@ least I think I did...lol Accessing the net via Mobile is kind of a pain in the rear....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh?   CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh? Empty

Back to top Go down

CENTRUROIDES:Sooo,the Adults think the babies are tasty,eh?
Page 1 of 1