The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Couple Noob Questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tangerine
Pandinus
Tangerine

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-05-18

Couple Noob Questions Empty
PostSubject: Couple Noob Questions   Couple Noob Questions Empty5/23/2011, 4:24 pm

Hi guys, I'm new here.. I just had a couple questions. I just got my first scorpion (Heterometrus Longimanus) a few days ago and I was wondering.. 1.) Is it ok to just use tap water to dampen substrate/put in water bowl and 2.) Will my scorpion eat earthworms/canadian nightcrawlers, and is it ok to feed it that? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Couple Noob Questions   Couple Noob Questions Empty5/23/2011, 4:28 pm

Tap water is fine, we use warm water. and im not sure about the feeding part, you have to be careful if your catching the food yourself in case it has some diseases or parasites or pesticides in its system which may harm your scorpion, if they are captive breed then i would say yeah that would be fine if your scorp likes them but i would vary the food give them some variety in there diet Smile
Back to top Go down
Tangerine
Pandinus
Tangerine

PostSubject: Re: Couple Noob Questions   Couple Noob Questions Empty5/23/2011, 4:44 pm

I haven't tried the worms yet. I've been using crickets as a feeder, but I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere and the only place that sells crickets only does it during the summer, but the Walmart here sells nightcrawlers year round. Guess I'll just buy some worms and see if it'll eat 'em. Anyways thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Tangerine
Pandinus
Tangerine

PostSubject: Re: Couple Noob Questions   Couple Noob Questions Empty5/23/2011, 5:32 pm

Yeah, I've looked into that.. I was planning on waiting until I get a few more inverts, but if all else fails I'll just go ahead and do that
Back to top Go down
junosama
Centruroides

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Couple Noob Questions   Couple Noob Questions Empty5/24/2011, 12:53 am

I prefer to use spring water I buy big bottles for like a dollar. Sometimes tap water gets nasty and varies greatly from location to location.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Couple Noob Questions   Couple Noob Questions Empty5/24/2011, 10:54 am

Same for me. I just give them vittel! You know the advert with the lobster? Or was that chaudfontaine?

Hmm dont matter, anyway.. I use mineral water because I don't like chloride in my critter's cages. That said, almost everyone uses tap water and never have problems with it. So it is just me with my principles.

It is safe to use tap water
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couple Noob Questions   Couple Noob Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Couple Noob Questions
Page 1 of 1